Nexia SAB&T seeks to appoint a dynamic individual on a fixed term contract in Pretoria to fill the following position:
CTC: R821 205 per annum
DEPUTY DIRECTOR: HEALTH PRODUCTS MANAGEMENT (Ref: 16/02/2021)
Dynamic individual is to provide the sub-recipients and Lead Implementers with the support on health products quantification demand planning as well as inventory management. This role requires a high level of analytical skills, problem solving capabilities, communication skills, and ability to engage at all levels across the organisation.
Qualification & Experience:
- A minimum qualification of a bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy with a post graduate degree in Pharmacy or public health
- At least 3 years’ experience on Middle Management under in public sector
- Advanced MS Excel skills and ability to manage big data
- Proficient knowledge with relevant legislation including the Constitution, PFMA and treasury regulations/instruction/practice notes, PPPFA, B-BBEEA and the code of conduct, and Global Fund Procurement policies
- Familiar with the broad concepts such as the national medicines policy and exposure to the pharmaceutical industry is desirable
- Must be in possession of valid driver’s license
- Ensure that both Global Fund (GF) and NDoH Supply Chain policies are understood and correctly implemented by all the sub-recipients (SRs) and Lead implementers (Lis)
- Provide support to all the SRs with the acquisition of health products and ensuring that all regulatory requirements are fully met (SAPC and SAHPRA).
- Provide support to the principal recipients and sub recipients on the quantification demand planning of health products to be procured under the grant and develop the procurement plans.
- Support the compilation of the Health products Management Tool for the grant
- Undertake timeous reconciliation of all procurements by both SRs and LI for uploading in the Price Quality Reporting (PQR)
- Undertake supervisory visits to the SRs to provide support on the procurement of Health products
- Where direct procurement of Health products is to be undertaken by the PMU, develop Terms of Reference, work with SCM to manage bid and/ or quotation process, facilitate bid briefing sessions, Oversee the closing and opening of bids, Publication of bid responses, Secretariat of bid evaluation committees and Financial Reporting
- Undertake training and mentoring of the SRs and LIs on SCM policies PFMA and PPPFA
- Resolve difficulties in the local supply chain by finding solutions to problems and bottlenecks, and provide regular reports on supply chain activities
- Manage risk and audit queries
It should be noted that the above position is a fixed term appointment that would culminate at the end of March 2022
Please forward your request to firstname.lastname@example.org for the detailed job specification. Please reflect the position you intend applying for in the subject line and include the reference number.
Applicants who do not receive a response within 6 weeks of the closing date must regard their response as unsuccessful, as communique would only be conducted with shortlisted candidates. Nexia SAB&T reserves the right not to appoint.
THIS PROCESS IS ADMINISTERED BY NEXIA SAB&T