Aquity Innovations NPC
Principal Investigator/Chief of Party – Head Office (Gauteng, Pretoria)
AQUITY Innovations NPC is a registered company which works on several issues related to Public Health, to assist the Southern Africa health community in building its response to health and social development challenges. Our vision is to Strengthen Health Systems and Empower Southern Africa Communities.
AQUITY is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Principal Investigator/Chief of Party for an upcoming project to Improve Mental Health and HIV/TB Service Integration in South Africa. The Principal Investigator/ Chief of Party will coordinate with country staffs and other senior advisors to oversee all project activities in providing support to the Department of Health at various levels to develop guidelines and policies, and monitor its implementation, build the capacity of national, provincial, facilities DoH staff, and other stakeholders. The project will also support the referral network for mental health services and increase community awareness of mental health disorders. The incumbent will also oversee and guide the dissemination and translation of research findings into public health practice. The Principal Investigator will serve as the lead technical advisor across all project components.
- Expertise in implementing mental health and HIV/AIDS program
- Support/help strengthen the capacity of staff and consultants
- Overall technical and budgetary oversight
- Responsible for meeting all contractual obligations
- Display high level of accountability, integrity, and ethical standards
- Management of project partners and sub-contractors
- Expertise in service integration across all technical areas of the project
- Responsible for implementing all deliverables with a focus on results and financial accountability as specified by the funders
- Provide strategic vision on program sustainability
- Responsible for the establishment and implementation of quality control standards
- Maintain strong, positive working relationships with all stakeholders
- Build capacity of local partner organizations to increase ownership and sustainability of project activities
- Represent project at national level and other technical forums as required
- Oversee and Contribute to new business development.
- Minimum of master’s degree from a recognized institution in a relevant field, such as public health, mental health, international health, or epidemiology, etc.
- At least 10 years of working experience in public health.
- Knowledge and prior work experience in leading CDC Project desirable
- Knowledge and prior work experience in South Africa
- Demonstrable expertise in mental health program
- Demonstrable experience in HIV/AIDS Program
- Strong diagnostic, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Possess strong project management and interpersonal skills.
- Proven working knowledge and fluency in written and oral English required.
- Valid South African driver’s license
The position will be based in Pretoria, South Africa, and will be the overall project lead. Recruitment is contingent upon successful award of the project.
Please note: Only candidates who are eligible to work in South Africa for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To Apply follow this link for our recruitment https://aquityonline.co.za/system/recruitment before the 25th February 2021. No emailed submissions will be accepted.