ACFS Community Education and Feeding Scheme
ACFS Community Education and Feeding Scheme is a non-profit organisation (NPO) that promotes and supports inclusive education practices in schools and preschools throughout the country. The organisation's core focus is the implementation of funded projects designed to sensitise and empower all role players to an inclusive approach to educating the children in their community.
Health & Nutrition Coordinator: Duties & Responsibilities
- The purpose of the Health and Nutrition Coordinator role is to support the roll out of the Health and Nutrition Strategy in all our centres
- Plan and conduct food service or nutritional programs to assist in the promotion of health and control of diseases.
- Supervise activities of a department providing quantity food services, counsel individuals, or conduct nutritional research
- Adherence to Health and Nutrition policies, guidance and procedures
- Manage and implement Health and Nutrition component of the programmes
- Provide technical guidance and standardization of technical approaches, tools, guidelines, assessments, monitoring and evaluation of health and nutrition activities
- Ensure the development and application of appropriate systems for systematic documentation and dissemination of best practices and knowledge gained from implementing the programme, including data collection tools.
- Monthly collation and analysis of reports and providing feedback to Executive Director
- Continuously monitor nutrition activities and outputs, providing regular feedback to Executive Director
- Contribute to the development of innovative ideas in health, nutrition, livelihood and resilience Programme approaches.
- Contribute to the development and management of an efficient health nutrition supply management
- Degree in Public health/ Food Nutrition and Dietetics background, with experience of designing and implementing nutrition sensitive activities, and carrying out the relevant assessments to inform those programmes.
- Minimum 3 years of experience from a health and nutrition project(s) implementation and/or coordination position in a humanitarian/recovery and nutrition sensitive Programming context.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts. Experience in the Horn of Africa is highly desired.
- Technical health and nutrition expertise in transition/early recovery approaches
- context, including IYCF, CMAM, Mother- to Mother -skills training
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Demonstrated results with nutrition-sensitive programming, particularly related to any of NRC’s core competency areas.
- Fluency in written and verbal English and other languages
Closing Date: 26 February 2021 Send CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org