Aquity Innovations NPC
Position: Psychologist (Consultant) – Mpumalanga, Ehlanzeni District and Eastern Cape, OR Tambo (5 Months contract)
AQUITY Innovations NPC, a section 21 South African-based registered not-for-profit organization, was established in 2010. Our mission is to promote access to quality health and social services through innovations and technology. AQUITY’s programmatic focus areas include HIV, TB, health systems strengthening, capacity development orphans and vulnerable children as well as other interventions targeting key populations.
Programme and Vacancy overview:
AQUITY Innovations NPC has been appointed by the National Department of Health to serve as one of The Global Fund TB sub-recipients (SRs) in South Africa. The project activities are implemented in Mpumalanga (Ehlanzeni district) and Eastern Cape provinces. (OR Tambo and Buffalo City Metro districts). As such we seek to employ the following:
AQUITY seeks to appoint a Psychologist ( Consultant) to be based in Mpumalanga, Ehlanzeni District and Eastern Cape, OR Tambo District
The consultant will be responsible for rendering counselling and support services to staff on management and prevention of TB and COVID-19 during the current pandemic. They will support staff in identifying and addressing emotional, mental and psychosocial challenges in their lives during the COVID-19 pandemic. Furthermore he/she will help staff deal with challenges ranging from short-term personal issues to severe, chronic conditions exacerbated by the COVID-19 pandemic, using a variety of approaches to help individual staff.
The psychologist’s responsibilities include:
- Ensuring that staff with TB/COVID-19 receive the necessary support
- Mental health counselling for AQUITY employees when necessary or referred by AQUITY’s inhouse social worker
- Use of tele-mental health strategies during this period of the pandemic to support staff
- Providing crisis intervention in situations requiring immediate psychological care.
- Evaluating the mental and emotional state of AQUITY staff in various situations and facilities.
- Formulating plans of care for the psychological well-being of the staff including treatment of psychological disorders utilizing various psychological techniques.
- Assesses staff progress and modifies care programs accordingly.
- Documenting therapy in accordance with policies and procedures regarding medical records including ensuring client confidentiality.
- Participating in educational programs, clinician meetings, workshops to enhance professional development, and maintaining currency of methodology and techniques.
- Perform other appropriate duties as required in a competent and professional manner.
Education and experience:
- Master’s degree in counselling or clinical psychology
- Registration with the Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPSCA)
- At least 1 year of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified concerning psychosocial support for staff
- Willingness to travel locally
- Fluency in English and district local languages (OR Tambo: IsiXhosa. Ehlanzeni: Siswati; Xitsonga)
- Preparedness to work after hours and weekends occasionally.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent report writing skills
- Computer literacy.
- A Driver’s License a necessity.
Please note: Only candidates who are eligible to work in South Africa for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To Apply follow this link for our recruitment https://aquityonline.co.za/system/recruitment before the 21st February 2021. No emailed submissions will be accepted.