Founded in 1999, St Augustine College of South Africa is a private higher education institution in the Catholic Intellectual Tradition promoting ethical leadership, dignity of the human person and the common good. It offers a range of undergraduate and postgraduate degrees and certificates which are accredited and registered by the Council for Higher Education and the Department of Education.
ASSISTANT REGISTRAR (PART TIME)
St Augustine seeks to appoint a suitably qualified experienced person as part-time Assistant Registrar, in the Registrar’s Department.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Overseeing, student admission, registration and record management of all data and information pertaining to students and staff.
- Administration and data management of student examination, research papers, dissertations and theses
- Communication and public relations with students and staff.
- Administrative support to academic staff, in all matters pertaining to Postgraduate students.
- Organisation of annual graduation pertaining to academic transcripts and degree certificates
- Coordinate and collate the DHET Annual Report and/or any other duties in respect of outside stakeholders as determined by the Registrar.
- Knowledge of or a willingness to learn about the requirements of the regulating bodies and outside educations players: DHET; CHE; HEQCIS; SAQA etc.
- Committee duties, work includes taking minutes at meetings and assisting in construction of agendas.
- Oversee with the collation and distribution of course materials for students.
- Control/administer financial cost reports.
Applicants must possess or demonstrate the following:
- Proficiency in MS Word, EXCEL, PowerPoint, Outlook and data management.
- Knowledge of the ICAS student administration system or willingness to learn
- Knowledge and experience of HEQCIS requirements including the Edudex data loading requirements and procedures or willingness to learn
- Excellent written and communicative fluency in English. Communicative ability in another South Africa language would be an advantage.
- Good numeracy skills
- Excellent and accurate minute taking skills
- Minimum 4 years’ experience preferably in an academic environment.
- Driver’s licence and own transport as the incumbent may be required to travel.
- The ability to work as part of team
- Initiative and ability to follow up and complete tasks timeously and accurately
Salary range will depend on qualifications and experience.
Closing date: 19 February 2021
Please send your submission to: firstname.lastname@example.org