TCOE is a national organisation established in 1983 working in strengthening rural movements towards access to land and rural livelihoods promoting agroecology and alternatives as well as holding rural governance to account.
TCOE, seeks to appoint a Movement Building Program Assistant, to assist in coordination of movement building strategy supporting its work with local association and Inyanda National Land Movement, preferably to be based in Eastern Cape, Zingisa Berlin office.
Key job responsibilities:
- Help build and strengthen Inyanda leadership and associations
- Coordinate Inyanda national meetings
- Participates in Inyanda leaders meeting
- Liaises, facilitates and engages with external stakeholders including government
- Understands and is abreast with relevant policies in the sector for the TCOE / Inyanda to engage with
- Convenes campaigns, supports and amplifies lobbying and advocacy initiatives of Inyanda/ TCOE and its strategic partners
- Assists in organising and conceptualising the annual political school and oversees establishment of local movements study circles
- Monitoring of Inyanda national activities
- Develop and a framework for profiling the movements and Inyanda
- Organise and co-ordinate popular education and training
- Network with other organisations and link local movements to relevant stakeholders
- Assist Inyanda to have a database with clear membership numbers
- Conduct a baseline study of all the movements linked to Mawubuye/ Inyanda.
- Assist in organising of campaigns with local movements based on their issues/needs
- Engage affiliates and movement in using popular media as a way of communicating
- Build capacity on advocacy and lobbying strategies
- Coordinates local movements report into a and leads reporting
- Tertiary qualification in a related field
- Minimum of five years’ experience in managing or assistant programmes or networks
- Applied knowledge, meaningful engagement with current land affairs and experience within the civil society sector
- Experience with lobbying, advocacy and campaigning
- Strategic thinker with basic research and work well in a collective
- Good project management and organisational skills
- Ability to work under pressure and set priorities
- Good interpersonal, communication and facilitation skills
- Good writing skills and presentation skills in English
- Own transport and valid unendorsed Code 8 Driver’s license
- Competent in self-management
- Extensive travel will be required
- Proficiency in two or more official South African languages
All applications must include a letter motivating suitability for this position, current salary details and a CV, including 3 contactable references.
Applications must be sent to email@example.com by 26 February 2021. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. For further information
For more about the Trust for Community Outreach and Education, refer to www.tcoe.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.