Girls and Boys Town South Africa (GBTSA)
Established in 1958, Girls and Boys Town (GBT) is a national non-profit organisation that runs proven and successful programmes to strengthen vulnerable youth. Through a combination of interventions, we on average, assist between 16 000 to 20 000 beneficiaries a year. GBT core focus is to remove the obstacles and barriers that prevent children from finding their light and helping them to Shine.
GBTSA seeks to appoint a Fundraising Consultant, to be based in Pinelands Office, Western Cape.
Salary: Basic salary plus attractive commission structure, incentives, medical Aid, pension, life and disability cover benefits
Reports to: Regional Fundraising Manager
Employment Type: This is a permanent position
- Research and identify potential funders and funding opportunities
- Raise funds as per the targets agreed upon.
- Build sustainable and effective working relationships with donors and sponsors.
- Attend meetings with funders/donors as required.
- Research fundraising opportunities
- Identify fundraising opportunities and raise awareness of the organisations work.
- Manage information and record the profile and fundraising activity of donors on a database.
- Previous fundraising and sales background/experience necessary
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in Sales or Fundraising
- Self-motivated and mature
- Abilities to work independently and within a team environment
- Creativity, imagination and an entrepreneurial attitude towards fundraising
- Good communication and interpersonal skills · Demonstrate a willingness to learn and update your skills
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain efficiencies with attention to detail
- Be multifaceted, adaptive and show initiative
- Valid driver’s license
- Computer literacy
Please Note: This position is re-advertised. If previously applied for Please do not re-apply. To apply, submit CV and one page motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Only qualified individuals as listed above will be considered for an interview.
If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of your application submission, please deem your application unsuccessful.
For more about Girls and Boys Town, refer to www.girlsandboystown.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies