Amandla Development is a nonprofit organisation that works to empower South African youth with equal access to quality education opportunities.Amandla facilitates a Collective Network in Philippi that fosters a community-driven approach to improving learner well-being and education outcomes.
Amandla Development seeks to appoint a self-motivated Project Manager to manage its two main programmes in Philippi, Cape Town.
Start date: 1 March 2021
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing project implementation in Philippi across two programmes. Key in this is demonstrated experience mentoring subordinates to achieve project outcomes. Amandla Development also facilitates and coordinates the collaboration of important community actors including schools, government departments, NGOs, and community members to ensure the youth of the community are fully supported for their success in school. So mentoring and developing community member’s skills is also an important function of the job. Essentially, this is a role for a people person with a mentor’s heart who’s also HIGHLY organised and detail orientated.
- Report to the Programme Manager and supervise 3 project coordinators;
- Develop and support implementation of project management systems;
- Guide project coordinators through structured processes for achieving project outcomes;
- Provide regular project overview/reports, including quantitative and qualitative monitoring;
- Help keep volunteers engaged and motivated
- Help to identify new strategic partners to work with and maintain current partner relationships;
- Able to meet deadlines consistently and to manage multiple, shifting deadlines, both your own and those of coordinators;
- Help to deliver quality programs and make sure that the number of beneficiaries in our programmes grows every year;
- Project fundraising;
- Project financial oversight to ensure budgets are adhered to
- Proven project management experience is a must
- Minimum two years in a similar role;
- Strong project planning and implementation skills;
- Facilitation skills a big plus;
- Fundraising experience will be a big plus;
- Must be fluent in English and isiXhosa;
- Highly goals and outcomes-orientated;
- Basic knowledge of M&E systems;
- Valid driver's license;
- Strong written and oral communication and interpersonal skills;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; Gmail, Google Drive, Dropbox and WhatsApp;
- Strong interest in education and community development;
- Highly motivated and energetic;
- Proven ability to motivate others;
- Comfortable working independently or without direct supervision;
- Strong problem-solving abilities;
To apply, submit a CV (maximum two pages) and a brief motivational letter including your most recent salary and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Amandla PM” in the subject line. NB: Applications without ALL of these requirements will not be considered.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
NB: Ensure that your cover letter explains your interest in Amandla's approach and outlines why you would be well suited to this position. Applications without this will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.