The Haven Night Shelter Welfare Organisation
The Haven Night Shelter Organisation an organisation working to help the homeless back to a home, family and community, require a dynamic Manager for our Shelter at Moira Henderson House.
The Haven Night Shelter Organization seeks to appoint Shelter Manager to be based in Cape Town.
Salary Package: R 15 500 per month
Job Type: Permanent
- An honest, healthy, sober person.
- Good people skills and supervisory experience.
- Excellent communicator.
- Driver’s licence.
- Intermediate computer skills & able to compile reports.
- Experience in NGO’s or a similar working environment will be an advantage.
Duties and responsibilities of the post:
- To manage the day to day activities of The Haven Night Shelter – Moira Henderson House.
- Responsibility for efficient and effective management of operations at the shelter rests with you as the Manager.
- All other staff members employed at the shelter are accountable to you in the first instance.
- As manager you will account to your Cluster Manager and Shelter Committee at its monthly committee meetings for all activities at the Shelter to enable it to fulfil its Governance role.
- You will be responsible for ensuring sound and efficient controls are in place to ensure the accurate recording of all income and expenses of the shelter.
- You will be responsible for realising the budget including fundraising, shelter fee collection and cost control.
- You will account for goods in kind donations.
- You will in addition to the day to day management of the Shelter also be responsible for:
- Ensuring that each client of the shelter receives the necessary attention from the social worker and ensure that social work interventions is in line with the mission and vision of the Haven.
- Manager should ensure the resources needed is available for the Social Worker and client to execute an exit plan that leads to family reunification or reintegration in to the community.
- Developing in conjunction with staff, cluster managers and head office systems that will ensure the best possible level of care for clients of the shelter.
- You are required to use your skills and Haven resources to enhance the food security and welfare service delivery to the surrounding communities.
NB. The Haven Night Shelter Welfare Organisation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please send two pages CV, and motivational letter to email@example.com.
Please note if all the relevant documentation (CV or motivational letter) is not attach to your application will not be considered. Please indicate in the subject line for which post you apply: SHELTER MANAGER: THE HAVEN NIGHT SHELTER MOIRA HENDERSON HOUSE.
If you don't receive a response from us within 2 weeks of closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more about the Haven Night Shelter Welfare, refer to www.haven.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies