Jembi Health Systems NPC is a not for profit company specializing in Health Information Systems and Digital Health. We work with African Ministries of Health in South Africa, Mozambique, Malawi, Cameroon, Kenya, Uganda and other countries. We also partner with international organisations and funders to provide software solutions to improve health outcomes in low resource settings.
Jembi seeks to appoint a Human Resources Officer to be based in Cape Town.
Report to: Human Resources Manager
- Supports Jembi staff through HR administrative tasks to ensure effective processes and record keeping
- Coordinates recruitment and selection processes and, on boarding to support our employee’s career journeys
- Maintenance and innovation of tracking tools and compiles reports to provide feedback to management
- Supports Jembi reception duties as necessary as part of the corporate services team
Functions of the Position:
The HR Officer supports the HR Manager in general HR administration and support, including but not limited to:
- Ensuring data integrity on all Jembi HR systems (contracts management; employee records; timesheets management; time & attendance/ sick leave)
- Manages & supports recruitment processes in collaboration with managers. This includes liaising with a variety of agencies and juggling competing time schedules and team needs, with appropriate professionalism
- Assist employees and managers with queries or concerns as they arise, to resolution
- Manages the on boarding and probation processes of employees in conjunction with manager induction processes
- Leave administration and coordination of annual leave calendars. This includes conducting trainings on ESS & other Jembi specific systems for new employees
- Ensures confidential employee records are organized and current for audit purposes, including, contracts management cycles; managing trackers and reporting to senior management
- Coordinating annual documentation collections and maintaining records on same
- Coordinates Employment Equity meetings and support HR Manager in reporting
- Coordinate Trainings and ensure records are kept
- Assist with Annual Performance Management Cycles
- Represents and coordinates OHSA activities in the workplace as a member of the COVID-19 Risk Management Team
- Supports driving wellness initiatives
- Conducts self confidentially and professionally in building strong and trusting relationships with staff
- Leads employees as a driving force of trusting relationships, sustainable work practices and positive culture
- Confidentially assists management with disciplinary processes as necessary
- Degree / Diploma in Human Resource Management or relevant qualification
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as an HR Officer, preferably in the Not for Profit/ Public Health environment
- Working knowledge & understanding of the Labour Relations Act
- Working knowledge & understanding of the Basic Conditions of Employment Act
- Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Knowledge of the EE Act / BBBEE guidelines.
- Knowledge of USG rules and regulations will be beneficial
- Proven success record of building strong employee relationships
- EXCELLENT communication and writing skills
- Excellent Computer literacy & demonstrates an innovation mind-set towards technology & HR data analytics
- Excellent relationship builder - must be firm but caring, with the ability to easily engage with Jembi staff across any level
- Ability to work confidentially and independently without being micro-managed
- Strong sense of ethics – trustworthiness is critical
- Strong communicator. Is able to present and conduct trainings. (written & verbal)
- Pro-Active & innovative with good problem solving skills
- Organized and works with accuracy & efficiency
- Ability to plan effectively and prioritize in face of competing demands
- Able to manage conflict in a fast paced environment
- Experience working in the public health sector (advantageous)
- Demonstrated analytical skills.
- Ability to work in dynamic environments
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities
What we offer:
Jembi offers an unparalleled opportunity to work with accomplished professionals at the forefront of global digital health and develop innovative programs in low resource settings.
Jembi attracts top talent and offers a highly attractive remuneration package commensurate with qualifications and experience.
This role description is not intended to be all-inclusive and the Management Team may discuss other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Enquiries and Applications:
Interested applicants are invited to submit an application to email@example.com.
Please include a comprehensive CV, covering letter and motivation explaining your fit for the role specifications and job functions, described above.
Telephonic enquiries can be directed to the HR manager at the Jembi Health Systems Cape Town office on +27 21 701 0939.
Please use the recruitment reference number when applying for the post: JEM-CSDHR-JP-03.
All new Jembi positions are linked to specific project funding and include a three-month probationary period.
Preference will be given to SA citizens and permanent residents. Applicants who are not SA citizens or permanent residents must be in possession of a valid work visa enabling the Applicant to work for Jembi Health Systems for the entire contract period.
In evaluating prospective applicants and making the final selection, due consideration will be given to Jembi Health Systems’ Employment Equity and Diversity objectives. Jembi Health Systems is committed to providing equitable employment opportunities.
For more about Jembi Health Systems, refer to www.jembi.org
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancie