Common Good is a Christian faith-based, not-for-profit organisation founded by Common Ground Church in 2005, working in a range of communities. We're passionate about addressing issues of socia justice that challenge our city.We seek to make a positive and lasting impact in the areas of early life, education and employment, so that individuals and communities across Cape Town can build brighter futures for themselves.
Common Good seeks to appoint a Training Manager to be based in Cape Town.
The Zanokhanyo Network (TZN) is Common Good’s employment initiative. We offer transformative work readiness training that empowers the unemployed with confidence, skills and tools needed to obtain meaningful work.This successful incumbent is responsible for ensuring that the training department’s goals and objectives are in line with Common Good’s ethos and TZN’s Theory of Change. Overseeing the Training Department to ensure that there is a professional, innovative and caring training environment always. Ensures training targets as per operational plan are met. Ensure that Trainers and Operational Support have all the tools needed to execute their work.
You'll thrive in this role if…
• You are passionate about wanting to make a difference in the lives of others. If you are keen on wanting to contribute towards restoring dignity, hope, and equipping people to realise their potential.
• You understand the employment crisis in our country and want to bridge the skill gap.
• You are passionate about social justice
• If you are called to lead, facilitate and empower others with confidence and skills to obtain meaningful work
The successful individual will be responsible for the following duties, which are not limited to:
- Quality Control: Ensure high standards of quality and professionalism in the Training Department. Continually evaluate trainers and innovate our training offer in keeping with the industry trends so that TZN is pioneering and remains relevant. Review Trainers’ performance.
- Management: oversee all training team members. Lead the team in both spiritual and practical requirements to enable the team to excel.
- Budget: Responsible for holding a budget for the Training Department
- Administration: Provides ongoing support to the Operational Support in ensuring that all records are maintained and updated to the learner database system to ensure proper assessment of each learner and all training events. Provide monthly reporting for all training activities to TZN’s Management Team. Create and plan Work Readiness Annual Training Calendar.
- Train the Trainer- Select, induct, and train all new TZN Trainers
- Partnering: work with TZN Management and Community Relations Manager to deliver training events at the Hub and Mobile sites according to the schedule. Ensure Pre-training processes for the Hub and Mobile sites occur according to the schedule.
- Replication: work closely with the replication team to ensure the training deliverables within the Replication project are delivered as per replication plan.
- Communication: Responsible for ensuring that all relevant internal and external stakeholders are kept informed and up to date regarding Training. Keep clear and effective lines of communication between TZN Management and the team members.
- Reports – Give overview of training and ensure credibility of the training stats.
- Wellness: Work closely with HR to ensure that trainers wellness in place.
✓ Schedule monthly debriefing for Trainers.
✓ Schedule an ad hoc counselling session for team member as needed.
- 4- 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- An accredited trainer with excellent training/facilitation skills.
- An accredited assessor
- Ability to train and assess TZN’s Work Readiness course.
- Experience leading a team
- Budget Management experience
- Be able to speak and understand another African language.
- Drivers licence (Travel to off-site locations is a requirement)
- Willingness to contribute to the values and ethos of Common Good is essential
- An authentic and growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Vision-holder – understand and believe in the TZN purpose to transform the workforce by empowering under- and unemployed people to realize their God-given potential, as they encounter the Hope, Dignity, and Possibility that the Gospel brings.
- Problem–solver with excellent organisational skills
- Ability to strategize and lead a team; People-orientated and caring
- Self-motivated and dependable
- Willingness to ask, learn and innovate
- Excellent English communication skills (verbal and written).
- The ability to use Microsoft Office packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) comfortably.
To apply, please send a motivational cover letter, your CV and two recent work references by 31 January 2021.
REF: Indicate the job title in the subject line
NOTE: An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview or appointment.
Applicants who fail to meet all requirements will be automatically disqualified from consideration. Applicants who do not receive a reply within one month of submission should deem their application to have been unsuccessful. We reserve the right not to fill the position.
For more about Common Good, refer to https://www.commongood.org.za/
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies