AMANDLA / Safe--hub
Safe-Hub is a globally award winning social enterprise with over a decade of experience in the humanitarian sector, specialising in infrastructure, youth development and sport for development. We have offices in Cape Town, Johannesburg (South Africa), and Berlin (Germany).Safe-Hub which establishes world-class infrastructure in disadvantaged communities, providing a physically and emotionally safe space where young people access services, opportunities and support from strong role models through sports-based programmes that focuses on health, safety, education, and employability.We are currently rolling out the Safe-Hub model nationwide as well working on other exciting projects. We seek to partner with young, dynamic professionals who share our passion and vision - a world where all young people access equal opportunities, strive to realise their full potential and dare to dream.
Safe-Hub seeks to appoint Precinct Coordinator to be based in Johannesburg.
As a Precinct Coordinator, you are responsible for the coordination of operational partners and programmes at the DLab Precinct in Jabulani. The Precinct holistically addresses socio-economic and environmental challenges many young people living in South Africa’s most marginalized communities are facing.
To do so, AMANDLA and its ambitious partner organisations seek to affect meaningful and lasting change through driving a collective impact strategy.
As the Precinct Coordinator, you are the custodian of the collective impact approach and mandated to establish the collective impact conditions. You will also establish and maintain the Precinct governance structures and ensure operational alignment of all partners. Furthermore, you support the implementation of cross-functional projects and programmes at the Precinct whilst identifying required resources, assigning responsibilities, and optimising processes.
- Facilitate the development and evolution of a shared Precinct vision, values, high level goals and short term objectives
- Establish and manage Precinct governance structure (including weekly meetings, etc.)Facilitate the co-creation of a shared measurement system and ensure the implementation thereof
- Manage internal and external Precinct communications in coordination with backbone support structure
- Facilitate the co-creation of a centralised Precinct training plan
- Facilitate the co-creation of an annual Precinct programme plan, including a shared schedule and timelines
- Manage and coordinate partners and programmes in conjunction with Precinct Steering Committee
- Relay information to Precinct partners to ensure smooth and successful programme implementation
- Facilitate the identification and onboarding of new Precinct partners
- Contribute to the development and evolution of the Collective Impact product
- Identify risks and effectively mitigate and manage these with Precinct partners and stakeholders
- Facilitate and support all Precinct reporting to internal stakeholders, the partnership manager and the Precinct Steering Committee
Precinct Coordinators are team players, who thrive in complex ecosystems, execute strategic objectives independently while guaranteeing seamless programme implementation at the same time.
- Bachelor’s Degree; and/or
- Relevant professional qualifications in project management (e.g. PMP)
Experience and Skills:
- 2 years’ multi-agency project or programme management experience
- Strong facilitation skills and comfortable with various facilitation tools and methodologies (both in-person and digital)
- Knowledge of systems thinking and complexity management
- Proven ability to execute complex projects successfully
- Proven ability to coordinate inter-disciplinary teams
- Ability to resolve problems in a timely and consistent manner
- Strong communication skills
- Strong IT skills (Microsoft Office & MS Projects)
- Ability to communicate in English and (at least one) other South African language
- Exposure to Collective Impact
- Management/Leadership experience
- Experience in managing monitoring, evaluation and learning systems
- Business analysis skills
- Experience of working in youth development, education or start-up environment
- Holistic Thinking
- Attention to detail
- Planning and Execution
- Problem Solving
- Entrepreneurial Mindset
- Ability to rally a team with a positive attitude
- Performance Driven
- Cultural Sensitivity
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more information about Safe-Hub, refer to www.safe-hub.org
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies