Independent Philanthropy Association of South Africa
The Independent Philanthropy Association South Africa (IPASA) is a unique network of individuals, foundations and organisations actively involved in philanthropy in South Africa. IPASA is a voluntary association of members that provides the space for mutual support and advice on the good practise of philanthropy as well as offers opportunities for collaboration, knowledge sharing and learning.
IPASA seeks to appoint a Knowledge Manager to be based in Cape Town.
IPASA requires the services of a Knowledge Manager to support its knowledge management strategy. The goal of the strategy is to share and mediate different kinds of knowledge and experiences related to philanthropic grant-making, in order to help funders improve their grant-making practices and grow their understanding of what constitutes effective philanthropy.
Responsibilities: The Knowledge Manager will carry out the following activities:
- Record, analyse, produce, and disseminate information coming out of IPASA knowledge events.
- Develop and maintain the systems and processes for capture, storage, validation, and retrieval of IPASA’s knowledge.
- Source, build and maintain the content on IPASA’s media channels, including the website and social media networks.
- Ensure the knowledge generated within IPASA is made easily visible, available and
- useful to members and external networks and partners
- Engage with IPASA members and external networks and partners for research and information gathering purposes
- Assist in providing relevant information to assist with IPASA’s marketing activities
- Work closely with IPASA’s website management service provider, newsletter designer and other relevant service providers
- Create and maintain effective internal knowledge management processes
- Record usage and impact analytics
Skills and experience:
- Knowledge of and capacity for effective processing and management of information
- Knowledge of the philanthropy sector
- Ability to record and document high level event-based inputs and interactions
- Ability to condense and summarise information into clear, accessible and well written English
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Proactive and independent mindset
- Interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer literacy (use of various platforms and programmes, including social media)
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience and evidence of some form of work-related writing is required, illustrating high level competence in writing and communication skills
- Experience in the philanthropy or development sector, and knowledge curation and capturing in this context.
An Honours degree or diploma in a relevant field is required.
To apply please email Louise Driver, IPASA Executive Director, on : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more about the IPASA, refer to www.ipa-sa.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies