An exciting opportunity for a dynamic researcher to join a leading NGO and contribute towards the strengthening of constitutional democracy
Do you have the energy and dynamism to help promote and strengthen South Africa’s constitutional democracy?
The Council for the Advancement of the South African Constitution (CASAC) is a civil society organisation that seeks to advance the SA Constitution as the platform for democratic politics and the transformation of SA society. Premised on the notion of progressive constitutionalism, CASAC seeks to facilitate the building of a just and equitable society in which people can live securely with dignity. CASAC has focused its work on building a culture of awareness and understanding of Constitutional rights, strengthening institutions of governance and the rule of law, and enhancing accountability and integrity in public life.
An opportunity exists for an individual with energy and dynamism to join CASAC as a RESEARCH OFFICER to strengthen CASAC’s work and output in our key focus areas. The successful candidate will have a sound research track record with a passion for human rights and social justice. This is a new position within a small organisation and the ability to multi-task will be an advantage.
- A commitment to the Constitution as the foundation of our democracy
- An awareness of the current discourse relating to constitutional and political issues
- A relevant tertiary qualification (law, humanities or social sciences). A post-graduate qualification would be advantageous
- Ability to work on your own and manage multiple tasks
- Previous experience in the NGO sector and civil society is preferred
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Computer literacy and social media skills
- Preparing research reports and analysis of key issues / events
- Case law analysis
- Plan activities based on research outputs
- Drafting media statements, opinion pieces and social media content
- Liaison with other civil society organisations, and institutions of governance
- Attending workshops & seminars and delivering presentations
Interested candidates should send a detailed CV with a covering letter of motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org by 29 January 2021. Please note that this is a full-time position based in Cape Town. Candidates who do not hear from CASAC within 4 weeks from the closing date may consider their applications unsuccessful.