POSITION: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Isibani Development Partners is a South African-registered NGO, launched in 2011 to become a leading local technical assistance provider, systems strengthening and grants manager for health and social service in Southern Africa. Isibani seeks to appoint Monitoring and Evaluation Officer to implement its NDoH Global fund TB/HIV program in Gauteng.
The M&E officer will support the coordination of activities at District level and at the Head Office in collaboration with the M&E Manager. He/she will be responsible for coordinating data collection and data management for the Program, including ensuring data quality and reporting in time to meet key deadlines. Together with the M&E Manager, the M&E officer will perform data analysis and visualization, interpretation and preparing material for data demands and use for meetings at all levels (Facility, Sub-District, District and National), He/she will work closely with the District M&E and QI Officers.
Key Performance Areas
- Support the district M&E officers in establishing strong working relationships with key district and facility Managers dealing with Monitoring & Evaluation /Information management,
- Support the Program by facilitating an effective collaboration, information sharing and communication.
- Participate in developing the M&E plan.
- Contribute to the improvement of Health Information Systems (HIS), M&E activities, Data Quality with the District DoH and facilities by undertaking site visits to the district/facilities as needed to support and/or mentor data collection/collation or verify the quality of data or carry out rapid assessment.
- Conduct basic data analysis and interpretation, as required for programme support and for reporting.
- Prepare Monthly, Quarterly and Annual programmatic performance reports as and when required.
- Support implementation and utilisation of Tier.Net, EDRWeb TB Module data and WedDHIS data.
- Document best practices, trends, and success stories.
- Participate in meetings and workshops related to M&E at district and facility level and report on progress of activities.
- Conduct trainings and capacity building to Data Capturers and other programme staff.
- Provide inputs for the Monthly and Annual project performance reports.
- An appropriate diploma/degree in Public Health/Social Sciences/ Statistics/Information Management or related relevant field.
- An additional qualification in M&E will be an advantage.
- 5 years’ experience in monitoring and evaluation with substantial experience in public health and monitoring and evaluation capacity building.
- Good understanding of public health programmes, especially TB and HIV & AIDS.
- Experience of working on Tier.Net and/ or EDR-Web and WebDHIS.
- Demonstrate experience in performing data analysis and interpreting results.
- Knowledge of MS software packages and databases.
- Strong computer skills particularly in Microsoft Excel Spreadsheets and data analytical skills
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Proficiency in written and verbal English communication.
- Good interpersonal skills have the ability to take initiatives and be a team player.
- Ability to pay attention to detail.
- Perform well under stressful and under demanding activities.
- Proactive and a track record of a good leader.
- A valid SA drivers’ licence and must be willing to travel.
Suitable candidates to send applications at email@example.com
Subject line:” Monitoring and Evaluation Officer ME001”
Closing date: Wednesday, 20 January 2021
Kindly note only shortlisted candidates will be notified