Empilweni is a small NGO in Khayelitsha, which provides mental health services for children and families.Empilweni is a small NGO in Khayelitsha, Cape Town, which provides mental health services for children and families, and has strong links to other local service providers. Empilweni is celebrating its 26th year of operation
The Social Worker will be required to fulfil social work duties as well as provide mental health assessment and counselling for children and youth
Empilweni seeks to appoint a Social Worker to be based in Khayelitsha,Cape Town.
Remuneration: R198,136.00 per annum
- The Social Worker will be required to fulfil social work duties as well as provide mental health assessment and counselling for children and youth presenting with a range of emotional and behavioural problems.
- In addition the Social worker will be involved in parent group counselling and will work with first time teen mothers
- The successful applicant will work with another social worker and a team of experienced social auxiliary workers under the supervision of a service manager and a clinical psychologist
- The person must have: excellent communication skills and be fluent in both Xhosa and English
- a social work degree and be registered with the South African Council for Social Service Professions
- knowledge of the Children’s Act as amended
- police clearance
- driver’s licence
- computer literacy; and appropriate personal and social skills
Application: Please send your CV, including a minimum of three contactable referees, together with a letter of application motivating why you should be considered for the position, to: email@example.com .
Enquiries can be directed to the Empilweni offices, tel 021 3617063.
Only applicants shortlisted for interview will receive a response.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more about Empilweni, refer to https://www.givengain.com/c/empilweni/about
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies