MatCH (Maternal, Adolescent and Child Health institute)
Maternal, Adolescent & Child Health Institute NPC, (MatCH) is a non-profit organization supporting public sector health services. MatCH implements donor funded projects to improve HIV and TB outcomes through providing technical assistance and direct service delivery support. MatCH is looking to fill the following position under a project funded by THINK Tuberculosis and HIV Investigative Network RF NPC aimed to strengthen the health care delivery platform for TB in the Eastern Cape.
Location: OR Tambo District ( Eastern Cape Province )
Duration of Contract: Fixed term contract ending 31 October 2022
Closing date for submission of applications: 17 January 2021
1x District Program Manager (Ref: 262)
Main purpose of the job
To provide strategic planning, governance and management to the programme in the district. Oversee the successful delivery of the Programme outputs. The incumbent will also act as a pivotal point of contact for relevant stakeholders.
Key performance areas
- Oversee the implementation of all project activities and outputs in line with project workplan and standard operation procedures
- Assist in the identification of project needs/resources
- Support the development of a quality management plan and ensure quality assurance and quality monitoring throughout the programme life span
- Support the project team to identify and profile best practices
- Support teams in the design and implementation of programme interventions and strengthening of all components of current Programmes.
- Help to maximize the impact of local delivery of TB services through effective communication of knowledge, skills and learning across relevant networks and communities of practice
- Coordinate the successful implementation of TB/HIV programme activities to ensure that the programmes meet set targets in accordance with national and donor standards
- Provide or facilitate technical leadership to programs in the areas of HIV/TB service delivery, task shifting and programme implementation
- Support IPC guidelines, policies and measures within teams at facilities
- Assist in programme monitoring, evaluation and reporting
- Participate in development of best practices and enhancement of program activities, TB prevention, anti-tuberculosis treatment initiation in children and adults
- Regularly liaise and meet with facilities team to review progress, identify and resolve challenges and problems
- Provide regular feedback to management, relevant program team members and Department of Health employees
- Strengthen coordination by developing project specific standard operating procedures (SOPs), forms and guidelines
- Manage and monitor study budgets through working with operations and finance staff
- Ensure project assets are managed in line with MatCH Institute policy
- Staff Management
Required minimum education, training and technical support
- Relevant bachelor’s degree in public health, or relevant/related field (or commensurate experience)
Minimum work experience
- At least three (3) years working experience in the areas of TB, DR-TB, HIV, and public health.
- At least three (3) experience in working on implementing multi-faceted health Programmes, with preference to one year of experience working in international donor funded projects in a programmatic capacity.
- Good knowledge of TB diagnosis and treatment.
Desirable additional education, work experience and personal abilities
- A relevant postgraduate degree will be an advantage
- Knowledge of research and activities/requirements related thereto
- Good knowledge of TB diagnosis and treatment
- Experience working in a donor funded organization / NGO or project-based environment
- Knowledge of national and provincial health structures
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with Government and other stakeholders.
- Ability to work under pressure in a resource limited environment
- Excellent communication skills including oral and presentation skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent project management, organizational and coordination skills
- Experience in training, facilitation and material development
- Researcher capabilities
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Report writing ability
- Administrative ability
- Management/supervisory skills
- Conflict resolution skills
- Risk management skills
- Proficiency in English
- Valid driver’s license and ability to travel extensively
When submitting applications, the Position being applied for including reference number as alluded to on the advert must be included in the email subject line. The Position being applied for and reference number as alluded to on the advert must be mentioned on application letters and these together with detailed CVs and copies of applicable qualifications and registrations must be emailed to email@example.com
MatCH Institute NPC reserves the right not to make an appointment. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within 30 days of the closing date.
Previous respondents to this advert are hereby encouraged not to reapply.
Non-South African Citizens and non-South African permanent resident holders must be in possession of valid work documents authorizing them to work in South Africa.