MatCH (Maternal, Adolescent and Child Health institute)
Maternal, Adolescent & Child Health Institute NPC, (MatCH) is a non-profit organization supporting public sector health services. MatCH implements donor funded projects to improve HIV and TB outcomes through providing technical assistance and direct service delivery support. MatCH is looking to fill the following position under a project funded by THINK Tuberculosis and HIV Investigative Network RF NPC aimed to strengthen the health care delivery platform for TB in the Eastern Cape.
Location: Port Elizabeth providing support to Districts of Sarah Baartman, OR Tambo & Nelson Mandela Bay (Eastern Cape Province)
Duration of Contract: Fixed term contract ending 31 November 2022
Closing date for submission of applications: 17 January 2021
1x Chief of Party – (Ref: 259)
Main purpose of the job
To provide strategic planning, governance and management of MatCH’s TB Project in the Eastern Cape, as well as oversee the successful delivery of the Programme outputs and act as a pivotal point of contact for relevant stakeholders.
Key performance areas
- Provide strategic and managerial leadership
- Ensure programme reporting across all levels of the project including to the funders and Department of Health
- Coordinate steering committee meetings with relevant stakeholders
- Identify project needs and resources required to ensure successful implementation of project activities
- Support the development of a quality management plan and ensure quality assurance and quality monitoring throughout the programme life span
- Support the project team to identify and profile best practices
- Network to form strategic relationships with stakeholders including the Department of Health and other collaborating partners
- Identify and evaluate programme related challenges, risks, best practices and opportunities
- Support teams in the strategic design and implementation of programme interventions
- Coordinate the successful implementation of programme activities to ensure that set targets are met in accordance with National and donor standards
- Maximize the impact of local delivery of TB services through effective communication of knowledge, skills and learning across relevant networks and communities of practice
- Support continuous monitoring and oversight of annual work and performance plans.
- Review related policies, relevant protocols and SOPs for given programmes and ensure adherence.
- Provide technical assistance to the TB programme and external stakeholders as relevant
- Provide or facilitate technical leadership to programmes in the areas of HIV/TB service delivery, task shifting and programme implementation
- Support IPC guidelines, policies and measures within teams at facilities
- Support programme monitoring, evaluation and reporting
- Participate in development of best practices and enhancement of program activities, TB prevention, anti-tuberculosis treatment initiation in children, adults
- Regularly liaise and meet with facility teams to review progress, identify and resolve challenges and problems
- Provide regular feedback to management, relevant program team members and Department of Health employees
- Strengthen coordination by developing project specific standard operating procedures (SOPs), forms and guidelines
- Ensure that all MatCH administrative policies and procedures are followed
- Manage and monitor study budgets through working with operations and finance staff
- Ensure project assets are managed according to MatCH policy
- Staff Management
Required minimum education, training and technical support
- Relevant bachelor’s degree in public health, or relevant/related field (or commensurate experience)
- Registration with the SANC or HPCSA
Minimum work experience
- Minimum six (6) years working experience in the areas of TB, DR-TB, HIV, and public health.
- Minimum six (6) years of experience with demonstrated progressively increasing responsibility in designing, implementing and managing large, complex activities involving multiple partners in developing countries
- Minimum six (6) years of progressively responsible experience in providing technical assistance in developing or strengthening M&E at health facilities, the development of QI improvement plans and QI capacity building Programmes
- Minimum six (6) years prior experience managing or supporting the management of international donor-funded health programmes
- At least six (6) years’ experience in the implementation of multi-faceted health programmes and working in international donor funded projects in a programmatic capacity.
Desirable additional education, work experience and personal abilities
- A relevant postgraduate degree will be an advantage
- Working knowledge of and certification in Good Clinical Practices
- Experience working in a donor funded organization/NGO or project-based environment
- Strong record in project management.
- Excellent knowledge of TB Programme policies and guidelines.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with Government and other stakeholders. Excellent communication skills including oral and presentation skills
- Knowledge of research and activities/requirements related thereto
- Knowledge of national and provincial health structures
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent project management, organizational and coordination skills
- Experience in training, facilitation and material development
- Researcher capabilities
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Report writing ability
- Administrative ability
- Management/supervisory skills
- Conflict resolution skills
- Risk management skills
- Proficiency in English
- Valid driver’s license and ability to travel extensively
When submitting applications, the Position being applied for including reference number as alluded to on the advert must be included in the email subject line. The Position being applied for and reference number as alluded to on the advert must be mentioned on application letters and these together with detailed CVs and copies of applicable qualifications and registrations must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
MatCH Institute NPC reserves the right not to make an appointment. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within 30 days of the closing date.
Previous respondents to this advert are hereby encouraged not to reapply.
Non-South African Citizens and non-South African permanent resident holders must be in possession of valid work documents authorizing them to work in South Africa.