Columba Leadership (Columba.org.za) is an NGO that activates youth enterprise and employment by helping young people transcend their personal circumstances and offers meaningful social impact to all investors.
(Central Office – Savoy Estate, Johannesburg)
||The Programme Lead is responsible for the overall implementation of Columba Leadership’s programme in six (6) provinces.
- Honours or Masters in relevant field
- Mentoring and/or Coaching Qualification advantageous
- Project Management Qualification advantageous
- Demonstrated operational experience in a development sector environment and track record of increasing programme efficiency and impact
- Strong communication and people management skills
- Good understanding of M&E and experience in using data to drive programme improvement and quality
- Collaborative and developmental approach and ability to build and support strong teams
- Evidence of good staff development and management experience
- Good understanding of, and evidence of financial management experience
- Education sector experience preferable
- Demonstrated writing and reporting skills
- Demonstrates values-based leadership
- Track record of effective project management
- Successful candidates will be required to travel within Gauteng as well as to the other provinces in which the organisation operates which include Eastern Cape, Free State, KZN, North West and Western Cape.
- Candidates must be in possession of a valid Driver’s License
|Key Performance Areas
||The following KPI’s will be in place for the first twelve (12) months of employment after which they will be reviewed by the CEO and the Programme Lead:
- Planning: Shared integrated plan that is SMART, costed, resourced, mitigates risk and is aligned to Columba Leadership’s strategy and supported by suitable planning systems/tools
- Strong use of data and results based management to strengthen the programme: Regular data driven team meetings to track progress and identify actions and improvements required
Monthly data driven management report and review against plans with
agreed improvement plans and sharing of success
- Support organisational integration and growth: Participating in various committees to ensure alignment with strategy and co-ordination with other units with a focus on improvement, growth and sustainability
- Develop team: Staff development and management
- Strengthen Department of Education alignment and engagement through development and implementation of plan across provinces at various levels of government
- Financial management including activity based budgeting and monthly review and management of variances at provincial level
- Operational management related to programme operations and efficient costing and use of resources
- Reporting and communications that reflect purpose and values and support donor and other stakeholder engagement and development according to agreed targets
Interested parties should consider their current strength in view of the requirements of this position and their willingness to commit to the above. If interested CV applications, together with a letter of motivation, should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
Regret only suitable candidates will be contacted. Should you not be contacted within 4 weeks of the closing date please consider the position filled.
Closing date: Friday, January 29, 2021