Population Services International (PSI)
Based in: Johannesburg, South Africa
This position leads the learning and adaptive implementation component of two PSI projects, one focused on increasing HIV testing, prevention and treatment among men broadly, and one focused on increasing HIV testing, prevention, and treatment specifically for MSM. Both projects employ a human-centered design approach to increase the acceptability and uptake of HIV services and related psychosocial support.
- Lead the adaptive implementation and learning component of the projects as a core strategy for quality improvement and sustainable scale-up, including development and monitoring of the project learning agenda.
- Develop mechanisms for generating insights and evidence relevant to the learning agenda.
- Facilitate sharing of insights and experiences across PSI, consortium partners, implementing partners, donors, government, and civil society, helping to strengthen the community of practice.
- Provide or coordinate technical assistance to relevant stakeholders on the application of human-centered design and implementation science approaches to program design and strengthening.
- Support the project team and partners on data collection, analysis, and use for learning and decision making.
- Lead the documentation and dissemination of project results, lessons and innovations, through presentations, reports, conference abstracts, journal articles, case studies, blog posts.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Advanced degree (MPH, MBA or equivalent) in public health, social sciences, marketing, business or other related field, or equivalent experience
- At least 5 years’ experience in areas such as program design, knowledge management, communications, quality improvement, and capacity strengthening within large, complex, donor-funded health programs, preferably those focusing on HIV services for MSM
- Familiarity with human-centered design principles and processes as well as qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including technical writing, and experience communicating with various audiences and stakeholders
- English fluency required, fluency in other South African languages preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a motivational cover letter and CV to email@example.com no later than 22 January 2021. All applications will be reviewed and considered; only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. PSI is an equal opportunity employer.