Population Services International (PSI)
Based in: Johannesburg, South Africa
This position provides leadership and management for PSI’s project on “Improving HIV testing, prevention, and treatment for MSM in South Africa”, funded by the Merck Foundation. The project will employ a human-centered design approach to increase the acceptability of HIV services and psychosocial support for MSM.
- Lead stakeholder engagement across the sector, with government, donors, implementing partners, academic institutions and civil society.
- Lead development of project work plans and budgets for PSI and project partners.
- Lead and oversee design, implementation and monitoring of project activities, working closely with project partners.
- Monitor progress on project deliverables with regard to quality, timeliness and budget.
- Monitor and support compliance with programmatic and financial management and reporting requirements.
- Lead documentation and dissemination of project results and lessons.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Advanced degree (MPH, MBA or equivalent) in public health, social sciences, marketing, business or other related field, or equivalent experience
- At least 10 years’ experience in program design and management within large, complex, donor-funded health programs, preferably those focusing on HIV services for MSM
- Understanding of human-centered design principles and processes
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and experience communicating with various audiences and stakeholders
- English fluency required, fluency in other South African languages preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a motivational cover letter and CV to email@example.com no later than 22 January 2021 All applications will be reviewed and considered; only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. PSI is an equal opportunity employer.