The African Disability Forum (ADF) is the continental membership organization of Organizations of Persons with Disabilities (DPOs) in Africa. As of March 2019, ADF membership included national DPO federations in 42 countries, 4 sub-regional DPO federations and 9 continental DPOs. The ADF Office is located in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia and focuses on regional advocacy, communications and member organizational development and capacity-building activities.
ADF has two primary objectives:
- To unify and amplify the voice of persons with disabilities, their families and organizations in Africa at national, regional and international levels.
- To strengthen the capacity of organizations of persons with disabilities in Africa to promote the rights and inclusion of persons with disabilities and their families.
Based in Cape Town, Western Cape, the African Disability Forum seeks to appoint a
The ADF Cape Town Finance Manager reports to the ADF Executive Director, and is responsible for managing staff and liaising with management on a regular basis to provide advice related to all financial aspects of the organisation. The Finance Manager is also responsible for the overall oversight and supervision of the financial compliance of the organisation and for regularly preparing financial statements and budgets along with presentations for senior executives, both external and internal.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage staff in the finance department
- Work closely with the Director
- Liaise with management on a regular basis to provide advice related to all financial aspects of the organisation
- Ensure that monthly management accounts are produced regularly
- Present results to management and the Board with meaningful explanations of material budget variances both organisational and project related
- Bring to the attention of management material liabilities including contingent liabilities
- Distribute project accounts to project managers and obtain explanations for any material deviations from budget or spending rates
- Maintain regular monthly finance meetings with management to review the organisational and project financial status
- Maintain regular finance department work plans and the production of monthly management accounts
- Preparation of financial statements at quarterly Board of Director meetings
- Preparation and presentation of budgets including presentation to the Board of Directors
- Preparation for funder and organisational audits
- Presentation of management accounts to the Board of Directors at their quarterly meetings
- Ensure that financial reports required by funders are prepared and distributed on time
- Ensure regular compliance with the requirements both finance related statutes and internal policies and procedures. This will require awareness through reading etc. of legislative and local and international accounting practice developments and changes
- Maintain and develop financial policies and procedures in accordance with regulatory changes and evolving organisational requirements
- Maintain the organisation’s chart of accounts to facilitate the production of meaningful financial reports for both projects and the organisation as a whole
- The maintenance and development of existing and new financial systems
- Provide regular feedback, including performance reviews to staff to enable their development within the organisation
- Develop and implementation plan for finance department
- Support EXCO in developing a funding strategy and investment
- Bachelor degree in accounting
- At least eight years’ experience working in a financial management position in NGOs
- Strong inter-personal skills to liaise with senior management, funders, auditors etc.
- Extensive experience working with large international donors such as the EU and USAID
- Strong communication and presentation skills, both oral and written
- Above average experience and knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Pastel Evolution
- A strong sense of responsibility and urgency and the ability to deliver regularly on time
- Experience with accounting for foreign currencies
- Strong human resource management skills
Persons with Disabilities and Women are highly encouraged to apply.
View the full job description and application instructions on the Vacancies page at www.actionappointments.co.za and email your application by Monday 25th January 2021 to email@example.com