Strategic Analytics & Management (SAM)
Strategic Analytics & Management (SAM) is a Sub-recipient partner of the Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYW) Program in Umhlatuze District in Kwa-Zulu Natal.
SAM seeks to appoint a Finance Manager (AGYW Program) to based in Richards Bay.
Reports to: Finance Manager (Strategic Analytics & Management - SAM)
The position's main purpose will be to develop and implement Financial, Admin and Payroll strategy and systems for the AGYW program. The Finance Manager will also oversee all financial matters, ensure consistency with standard operating procedures, policies and accounting principles, and ensure financial reporting according to Global Fund contractual requirements. The Finance Manager will work closely with the AGYW Program Director and Program Manager and other senior staff to advise on the program’s financial health by preparing regular financial expenditure reports.
- Leadership of all aspects of financial management, accounts and controls
- Produce monthly accounts and variance analysis for decision making
- Prepare annual budget, cash requests, and quarterly re-forecasts
- Implement internal and external audit recommendations
- Prepare year-end accounts and oversee external audit
- Prepare grant budget and financial reports in line with contract requirements
- Ensure policies and procedures are upheld, reviewed and updated annually
- Financial Management:
- Ensure organisational compliance with international finance regulations
- Lead development of financial plans, budgets and forecasts
- Prepare financial statements and lead preparation of year-end accounts
- Produce monthly income and expenditure statements for management
- Monitor grant funded projects and ensure accurate reporting
- Review financial processes and procedures on an annual basis
- Prepare accurate and timely financial reports for grant funders as required
- Carry out benchmarking exercises and supplier reviews to obtain value for money
- Accounting Functions:
- Ensure that all accounting transactions are maintained on the Sage Pastel accounting software and closed off monthly
- Ensure that all accounting records and books of accounts are kept up to date and are in accordance with SAM’s chart of accounts
- Ensure that all payments to supplies and/or projects are in accordance with SAM’s regulations and approved plans/budgets
- Ensure that grant funds are received as per disbursement agreements and that expenditure by all staff is coded by unit and grant correctly
- Ensure that bank reconciliation, as well as debtors and creditors’ statements are done on a monthly basis
- Admin and Payroll:
- Ensure all AGYW staff contracts are up-to-date and capture remuneration packages on the payroll system
- Liaise with the SAM HR department to process organisational payroll.
- Ensure that the VAT received for AGYW-related purchases is reconciled and paid over.
- Reconcile the AGYW salary account monthly.
- Ensure that AGYW staff advances and per diem are paid according to SAM travel policies.
- Internal control management:
- Maintain an effective system of internal controls to provide SAM with reasonable assurance that assets are safeguarded, transactions are authorized, valid, complete and accurate.
- Ensure adequate separation of duties. No person should have control over a transaction from beginning to end. Specifically, no individual should be able to record, authorize and reconcile a transaction. In the rare event that it is not possible to sufficiently separate these control measures, the Finance Manager should ensure that additional reviews and oversight functions are put in place.
- Ensure that transactions are authorized and performed by persons acting within the range of their authority.
- Ensure that transactions are clearly and thoroughly documented and available for review.
- Perform reconciliations regularly (monthly, quarterly and annually).
- Ensure that the Purchase Orders are reconciled against invoices.
- Ensure that fleet management systems are adequate and adhered to.
- Procurement and Contract Management:
- Maintenance of leases and SLA contracts with AGYW sub-partners
- Ensure all procurement activities are in line with the organisational policies
- Ensure that the security of all office assets is consistently maintained.
- Ensure that all office and project assets are adequately insured.
- Sub-partners management:
- Conduct sub partner site visits and provide capacity building.
- Review consolidated sub partner reports submitted monthly.
- Submission of consolidated sub partner reporting for AGWY funding.
- Budget monitoring and assist with reviewing the sub partners’ budgets.
- Ensure efficient and timely close-out of completed projects.
- Ensure that sub-partners’ advances and expenses are accurately recorded in the accounting system and that supporting documentation is reconciled in a timely manner.
- Maintain chart of accounts to ensure proper tracking and reporting for internal use and grant requirements.
- Ensure compliance with relevant South African legislation and all applicable regulations of the donor
- Ensure that all communication with partners is in writing and filed both manually and electronically.
- Other duties:
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the SAM Finance Manager
- Degree/Advanced Diploma in Accounting or related fields
- Organisational and technical writing skills
- Experience of managing sub-grants in the NGO sector
- Valid driver’s licence
To apply, send only CVs to: firstname.lastname@example.org or as described in the advert with subject line being the position being applied for e.g. “Finance Manager – Global Fund AGYW Project”
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal