Aquity Innovations NPC
Position: Adherence Coordinators x 9 (Mpumalanga – Ehlanzeni and Eastern Cape – OR Tambo District)
AQUITY Innovations NPC, a Section 21 South African-based registered not-for-profit organization, was established in 2010. Our mission is to promote access to quality health and social services through innovations and technology. AQUITY’s programmatic focus areas include HIV, TB, health systems strengthening, capacity development Orphans and Vulnerable Children as well as other interventions targeting key populations.
Programme and Vacancy overview:
AQUITY Innovations NPC has been appointed by the National Department of Health to serve as one of the GLOBAL FUND TB Sub-Recipients (SRs) in South Africa. The project activities will be implemented in Mpumalanga (Ehlanzeni district) and Eastern Cape provinces. (OR Tambo and Buffalo City Metro districts). As such we seek to employ the following:
AQUITY seeks to appoint TB – Adherence Officer to be based in Mpumalanga – Ehlanzeni District (*3) and Eastern Cape – OR Tambo District (*6) .
Remuneration: Monthly Total Cost to Company of R 22 914.38
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Provide assistance and support to community healthcare workers.
- Provide social work services with regards to the care, support, protection and development of vulnerable individuals, groups, families, and communities during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Assist social workers and support CHWs to attend to any other matters that could result in, or stem from, social/health instability due to TB/COVID-19.
This would include support and assistance with the following actions:
- Conduct basic observation for assessments aimed at identifying conditions in TB/COVID patients, groups, families and communities that justify relevant interventions.
- Collect and provide information for the identification of appropriate interventions required to address the identified conditions.
- Assist with the development and planning of programmes to render the recommended interventions efficiently, effectively, and economically.
- Implementation of the recommended interventions by providing continuous support, basic counselling, and guidance to the affected individuals, groups, families, and communities.
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of the recommended interventions and report on progress.
- Produce and maintain records and data of interventions, processes and outcomes.
- Conduct promotion, prevention, protection, rehabilitation, outreach, and empowerment initiatives in the social work and health field.
- Attend meetings, workshops, symposia, conferences and any other relevant developmental activities to take cognisance of the latest developments in the relevant field.
- Perform administrative support functions in support of social workers as required of the job.
The following knowledge and skills are required for appointment:
- Matric certificate
- Diploma in social work or appropriate qualification in Social Auxiliary Work
- Registration with the South African council for Social Service Professions as Social Auxiliary Worker
- Demonstrate basic understanding of the South African social and public health services context, the policy, and practice of developmental social welfare services; and the role of social auxiliary worker within this context.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of human behaviour
- Use appropriate resources in service delivery to client systems.
- Work effectively with community healthcare workers, social workers and members of multi-sectoral teams in social service delivery.
- Work effectively as a social auxiliary worker to address the special needs and problems experienced by TB/COVID-19 patients
Please note: Only candidates who are eligible to work in South Africa for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To Apply follow this link for our recruitment https://aquityonline.co.za/system/recruitment before the 12th January 2021. No emailed submissions will be accepted.