GROW GREAT CHAMPIONS ASSISTANT TRAINER, GROW GREAT CAMPAIGN
Based in Midrand, Grow Great, a campaign aimed at galvanizing South Africa towards a national commitment to zero stunting by 2030, is recruiting for an Assistant Community Health Worker (CHW) trainer for the campaign’s Grow Great Champions’ (GGC) Program.
GGC seeks to affirm, support and celebrate CHWs for being community leaders and for the important work they do in the home through informal communities of practice for CHWs (called Grow Great Champions clubs) supported by a virtual resource hub with dedicated content specifically designed with CHWs in mind.
This opt-in club and resource hub offers support to CHWs through opportunities for training on first 1000 day interventions that are known to improve maternal & child health outcomes, performance-based incentives to continue being champions for children in their communities and access to a social network of other CHWs across the country as a means of peer recognition, friendly competition and positive reinforcement.
GGC is looking for an Assistant Trainer to support the training of CHWs. The GGC Assistant Trainer will report to the GGC Master Trainer and will be responsible for:
- Training CHWs across the country in growth monitoring and first 1000 days support in communities and homes
- Supporting, motivating and inspiring CHWs and team leaders to ensure all children and pregnant women are receiving the full first 1000 days package of evidence-based care
- Ensuring accurate and timely collection of Monitoring & Evaluation data from CHWs and other programmatic staff related to the Grow Great Champions strategy
- Assisting the Master Trainer in strengthening the frequency and quality of supportive supervision provided by team leaders to CHWs in intensive sites
- Supporting the senior leadership team to ensure that GGC meets its program targets and goals
The ability to be an active and collegial team player and demonstrate flexibility to provide support across the campaign’s strategies is essential to success in this role. In addition, the successful applicant will have the following skillsets & characteristics:
- Registered Health Professional (Preferably professional nurse, dietitian or nutritionist) Previous experience in public health and training of healthcare workers
- Willing to travel
- Ability to work non-traditional hours and travel regionally as required Strong work ethic and ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Experience working in a team context High performance mindset
- Ability to self-direct
- Excellent time management skills
- Commitment to the values & mission of Grow Great Staunch commitment to social justice
Based in Gauteng (or willing to relocate)
If you meet the above requirements and feel equipped for this challenging position, please submit a 1-page cover letter & CV (with the title of the role in the subject line) to email@example.com by Saturday 30 January 2021. For more information on Grow Great, visit www.growgreat.co.za