Western Cape Economic Development Partnership (EDP)
The Western Cape Economic Development Partnership (EDP), a non-profit intermediary organisation that supports stakeholders from different sectors to work together to find solutions to complex problems, is recruiting a Communications Coordinator. The Communications Coordinator will be responsible for developing and implementing the EDP’s Communications Strategy; conceptualising and generating knowledge products; managing the production and distribution of knowledge products; generating content and managing the website; writing and editing communications; positioning the EDP with funders; writing reports; developing tools and ways of communicating the EDP methodology; planning learning events and supporting Programme Leads at workshops and engagements.
The Communications Manager will have the following skills:
- Clear, concise writing skills
- Accurate and effective editing skills
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment across sectors, projects and teams
- The ability to engage constructively with a broad range of stakeholders
- The ability to package complex projects into relatable stories, reports and other knowledge products
- An understanding of effective communication methods and platforms
- The ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- The ability to adapt quickly to changing circumstances and deliverables
- The ability to communicate well and work collaboratively
- Knowledge of digital communication and collaboration platforms, relevant desktop publishing and design packages, and social media tools and tactics.
The Communications Coordinator will report to the Operations Executive and work closely with the entire EDP team. The starting date for this position is 1 March 2021. The salary range is R500 000-R700 000 per annum depending on experience. To apply please send your CV, a covering letter and 2 examples of published articles or reports to Stacey Hendricks, on firstname.lastname@example.org by 31 January 2021.