SA Red Cross AIr Mercy Service Trust
Established in 1966 by the SA Red Cross Society and formed into an independent trust in 1994, the AMS shares the principles and creed of the South African Red Cross Society. The AMS is a non-profit organisation with bases in the Western Cape (Cape Town & Oudtshoorn ) and KwaZulu-Natal (Durban & Richards Bay) that provides an air ambulance network, rural health outreach and emergency rescue service to metropolitan areas and remote rural communities.
The SA Red Cross Air Mercy Service seeks to appoint an Accountant to be based in their offices at Airport Industrial Cape Town.
Report to: Financial Manager.
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications (honors degree)
- Registered with a recognized professional accounting organization as a full member in goodstanding, with completed articles. (SAIPA)
- 2 – 3 year’s commercial experience (required)
- Experience working with either Xero / Sage / SAP / Pastel and MS Office
- Must be a South African Citizen.
- Must be able to work independently
- A clear and methodical approach to problem solving
- Ability to understand complex concepts.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Advanced excel skills
- Eagerness to learn
- Reliable personal transport.
- Adaptability to a fast changing environment.
- Flexibility with changing requirements regarding working hours.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Full Accounts Payable – capturing and processing of invoices including, monthly reconciliations and ad-hoc queries
- Accounts Receivable/Debtors
- General Ledger – processing monthly journals and cashbooks
- Preparing reports and reconciling bank statements
- Assist in preparing monthly management accounts
- Asset Register
- 3rd party payments (VAT / SARS etc.)
- Preparation for annual budgets / annual audits
Preference will be given in terms of the AMS’s Employment Equity Policy.
E-mail your CV to email@example.com by no later than Friday 15TH January 2021.
Be advised that if you do not receive a response within two weeks, please deem your application as unsuccessful.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more about the SA Red Cross AIr Mercy Service Trust , refer to https://www.ams.org.za/
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies