Grace Vision is an established Christian Non- profit organisation. Avoidable Blindness is a debilitating condition which impacts heavily on deep rural communities who have little or no access to quality eye care. In many cases unnecessarily blindness will result in a young child being robbed of an education to become a carer for the blind person. In addition, several children who are in school are disadvantaged because they have correctible poor/low vision. Grace Vision’s mission is to ensure that NO child is disadvantaged due to poor/low vision, and that ALL adults in need of corrective interventions to restore sight are treated free of charge.
Grace Vision seeks to appoint a Marketing/Fundraising Manager to be based in Cape Town.
Reports to: CEO
The purpose of the position is to join an efficient, motivated and professional team. The successful candidate will be responsible for securing new key funders including corporates, foundations, international funding organisations and individual donors. The position requires building and maintaining long-term donor relationships from initial research, contact, proposal writing to follow-ups and reporting. In addition, initiating and managing awareness campaigns as well as events will be a requirement. The person will manage a team of three in total.
- A professional qualification in a relevant field (such as management, marketing, public relations or communication)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working as a fundraiser
- Track record of successful fundraising
- The ability to formulate a fundraising strategy and prepare fundraising proposals
- Expertise in financial management and budgeting
- Experience in conceptualising and implementing fundraising initiatives
- The ability to manage people and to lead our Marketing and Fundraising team.
- An in-depth understanding of the funding environment in South Africa including corporate social investment
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills in English
- The ability to network and source potential funding opportunities
- Computer proficiency
- Knowledge of digital and social media for fund-raising purposes
- Time management and organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent attention to detail
- An understanding of the non-profit sector
- A calling to serve people who God has created and shoe the love of Jesus.
- The desire and ability to work as part of a team, whilst also be able to manage the fundraising portfolio independently
- Marketing, PR and event management experience would be advantageous
- Valid driver’s licence and own vehicle
A detailed job description will be made available to those applicants interviewed.
The remuneration package will be attractive to those who feel this position excites them.
To apply, please submit your Curriculum Vitae with 3 contactable references as well as a covering letter motivating your suitability for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be treated in strictest confidence.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more about Grace Vision, refer to https://www.gracevision.org.za/