- The purpose of this Request for Proposal (RFP) is to solicit proposals from potential bidders for the provision of travel and accommodation services to Tekano, i.e. the making of travel and accommodation bookings.
- This RFP document details and incorporates, as far as possible, the tasks and responsibilities of the potential bidders required by Tekano for the provision of traditional/ business travel and accommodation management services to Tekano (excluding conferencing and events).
- This RFP does not constitute an offer to do business with Tekano, but merely serves as an invitation to suppliers to facilitate a requirements-based decision process.
- Accommodation means the rental of lodging facilities while away from one’s place of abode, but on authorised official duty.
- After-Hours Service refers to an enquiry or travel request that is actioned after normal working hours, i.e. 17h00 to 08h00 on Mondays to Fridays and twenty-four (24) hours on weekends and public holidays.
- Air Travel means travel by airline on authorised official business.
- Authorising Official means the employee who has been delegated to authorise travel in respect of travel requests and expenses, e.g. line manager of the traveler.
- Car Rental means the rental of a vehicle for a short period of time by a traveler for official purposes.
- Domestic Travel means travel within the borders of the Republic of South Africa.
- Emergency Service means the booking of travel when unforeseen circumstances necessitate an unplanned trip or a diversion from original planned trip.
- International Travel refers to travel outside the borders of the Republic of South Africa.
- Management Fee is the fixed negotiated fee payable to the Travel and Accommodation Management Company (TAMC) in monthly instalments for the delivery of travel and accommodation management services, excluding any indirect service fee not included in the management fee structure (visa, refund, frequent flyer tickets etc.).
- Quality Management System means a collection of business processes focused on consistently meeting customer requirements and enhancing their satisfaction. It is expressed as the organizational structure, policies, procedures, processes and resources needed to implement quality management.
- Regional Travel means travel across the border of South Africa to any of the SADC Countries, namely; Angola, Botswana, Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), Lesotho, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Seychelles, Swaziland, United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
- Service Level Agreement (SLA) is a contract between the TAMC and Tekano that defines the level of service expected from the TAMC.
- Tekano means Tekano Health Equity South Africa.
- Third Party Fees are fees payable to third party service providers that provides travel related services on an ad hoc basis that is not directly provided by the TAMC. These fees include visa fees and courier fees.
- Transaction Fee means the fixed negotiated fee charged for each specific service type e.g. international air ticket, charged per type per transaction per traveler.
- Traveler refers to an employee, consultant, stakeholder or contractor travelling on official business on behalf of Tekano.
- Travel Authorisation Form is the official form utilised by Tekano reflecting the details and order number of the trip that is approved by the relevant authorising official, i.e. the Approval of Official Travel, Travel Plan and Accommodation form.
- Travel Booker is the person coordinating travel reservations with the Travel and Accommodation Management Company (TAMC) consultant on behalf of the Traveler, e.g. the personal assistant or secretary or administration officer of the traveler.
- Travel and Accommodation Management Company or TAMC refers to the Company contracted to provide travel and accommodation management services (Travel Agents).
- Travel Voucher means a document issued by the Travel and Accommodation Management Company to confirm the reservation and/or payment of specific travel arrangements.
- Value Added Services are services that enhance or complement the general travel and accommodation management services e.g. Rules and procedures of the airports, sending of SMS’s.
- VAT means Value Added Tax.
- VIP or Executive Service means the specialised and personalised travel and accommodation management services to selected employees of Tekano by a dedicated consultant to ensure a seamless travel experience.
3. LATE BIDS
Bids received after the closing date and time, at the email address indicated in the bid documents, will not be accepted for consideration. It is the Bidder(s)’ responsibility to ensure that proposals that were posted reaches Tekano in time before the closing of the bid.
4. COUNTER CONDITIONS
Bidders’ attention is drawn to the fact that amendments to any of the Bid Conditions or setting of counter conditions by Bidders or qualifying any Bid Conditions will result in the invalidation of such bids.
Tekano supports the spirit of broad based black economic empowerment (BBBEE) and recognizes that real empowerment can only be achieved through individuals and businesses conducting themselves in accordance with the Constitution and in an honest, fair, equitable, transparent and legally compliant manner. Against this background Tekano condemns any form of fronting.
Tekano, in ensuring that Bidders conduct themselves in an honest manner will, as part of the bid evaluation processes, conduct or initiate the necessary enquiries/investigations to determine the accuracy of the representation made in bid documents.
6. SCOPE OF WORK
- Tekano is currently utilising the services of an ad hoc travel agent to manage the travel requisition and travel expense processes within the travel and accommodation management lifecycle. Tekano requires that official travel and accommodation in respect of its fellows/employees be arranged by the travel agent, with due consideration that the travel and accommodation arrangements will only be for persons traveling for official purposes and in the interest of Tekano.
- These arrangements may include requests for conferences/events (Professional Conference Organising).
- Tekano’s primary objective in issuing this RFP is to enter into agreement with a successful bidder who will achieve the following:
- Provide Tekano with the travel and accommodation management services that are consistent and reliable and will maintain a high level of traveller satisfaction in line with the service levels;
- Achieve significant cost savings for Tekano without any degradation in the services;
- Appropriately contain Tekano’s risk and traveller risk.
7. SERVICE REQUIREMENTS
7.1.1 The successful bidder will be required to provide travel (flights) and/or accommodation management services. Deliverables under this section include without limitation, the following:
- The travel services will be provided to all travellers travelling on behalf of Tekano, locally and internationally. This will include employees and contractors, consultants and fellows where the agreement is that Tender is responsible for the arrangement and cost of travel.
- Provide after hours and emergency services.
- Provide an online booking tool that is easy to use
- Familiarisation with the current Tekano travel business processes.
- Manage the third party service providers by addressing service failures and complaints against these service providers.
- Consolidate all invoices received from travel suppliers.
- It will be an added advantage if the bidder is a member of ASATA (Association of South African Travel Agents). Proof of such membership must be submitted with the bid at closing date and time.
- The Travel and Accommodation Management Company will:
- Always endeavour to make the most cost effective travel arrangements based on the request from the traveller and/or travel booker.
- Respond timely and process all queries, requests, changes and cancellations timeously and accurately.
- Must be able to facilitate group bookings (e.g. meetings and conferences).
- Must issue all necessary travel documents, itineraries and vouchers timeously to traveller(s) and travel booker(s) prior to departure dates and times.
- Advise the traveller of all visa and inoculation requirements well in advance for international travel.
- Assist with the arrangement of foreign currency and the issuing of travel insurance for international trips where required.
- Ensure confidentiality in respect of all travel arrangements, all information shared and concerning all persons requested by Tekano.
- Timeous submission of proof that services have been satisfactorily delivered (invoices) as per instructions.
7.3 Air Travel
- The TAMC must be able to book full service carriers as well as low cost carriers.
- The TAMC will book the most cost effective airfares possible for domestic, regional and international travel, providing the most practical routings available.
- The airline ticket should include the applicable airline agreement number as well as the individual loyalty program number of the traveller (if applicable).
- Airline tickets must be delivered electronically (SMS and email format) to the traveller(s) and travel bookers (only email) promptly after booking before the departure times.
- The TAMC will be responsible for the tracking and management of unused e-tickets as per agreement with the institution and provide a report on refund management once a quarter.
- The TAMC must during their report period provide proof that bookings were made against the discounted rates on the published fairs where applicable.
- Ensure that travellers and travel bookers are always informed of any travel news regarding airlines (like baggage policies, checking in arrangements, etc.).
- Assist with lounge access if and when required.
- The TAMC will obtain three price comparisons from accommodation establishments that provide the best available rate within the maximum allowable rate and that is located as close as possible to the venue or office or location or destination of the traveller.
- This includes planning, booking, confirming and amending of accommodation with any establishment (hotel group, private hotel, guest house or Bed & Breakfast).
- The TAMC should ensure that all accommodation venues do not discriminate against LGBTIQ persons. Any complaints should be handled timeously and such establishments should be removed from the list of service providers for Tekano
- All accommodation sought, where possible, should be disability friendly
- Cancellation of accommodation bookings must be done promptly to guard against no shows and late cancellation fees. Travel consultants should inform travellers and travel bookers of such cancellation policies.
7.5 Car Rental and Shuttle Services
- The TAMC will book the approved category vehicle in accordance with Tekano Travel Policy and instructions.
- For international travel, the TAMC may offer alternative ground transportation to the traveller that may include rail, buses and transfers.
- The TAMC will book transfers/shuttles in line with the Travel Policy guidelines and instructions with the appointed and/or alternative service providers.
- Transfers/shuttles can also include bus and coach services as well as minibus shuttles and train bookings.
- Transfers/shuttle services should be disability friendly
- The TAMC should manage shuttle companies on behalf of Tekano and ensure compliance with minimum standards of the industry.
7.6 After Hours and Emergency Services
- The TAMC must provide a consultant or team of consultants to assist Travellers with after hours and emergency reservations and changes to travel plans.
- A dedicated consultant/s must be available to assist VIP/Executive Travellers with after hour or emergency assistance.
- After hours’ services must be provided from Monday to Friday outside the official hours (17h00 to 8h00) and twenty-four (24) hours on weekends and Public Holidays.
- A call centre facility or after hours contact number should be available to all travellers so that when required, unexpected changes to travel plans can be made and emergency bookings attended to.
- The TAMC must have a standard operating procedure for managing after hours and emergency services. This must include purchase order generation of the request within 24 hours.
8. ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- We are an NGO based in Cape Town – the company must have an office in Cape Town
- The TAMC must have an easy to use online booking and approval system
9. PRICING MODEL
- Tekano requires bidders to propose service providers to propose pricing models they use.
- The transaction fee must be a fixed amount per service for the whole duration of the contract (inclusive of VAT). The fee must be linked to the cost involved in delivering the service and not a percentage of the value or cost of the service provided by third party service providers.
10. PROPOSAL EVALUATION
a. In broad terms, Tekano will assess proposals on the basis of the technical and financial criteria indicated above, to ascertain value for money, along with any other specific criteria that may be deemed pertinent during the selection process. The success of the bid will be determined by the ability of the firm to competently execute this assignment. The technical and financial components of the written proposal must be submitted in email to the address listed below.
b. In more specific terms, the following assessment criteria would be used to evaluate proposal.
- Credentials of Management Team
- Continuing professional experience
- Track record & experience
- Previous experience in NGO sector
- Ability to meet the company requirements
c. Tekano reserves the right not to accept any proposal and/or proposal with the lowest price.
11. CONDITION FOR PROPOSALS
- The bidder must include a cover letter clearly stating the name of the firm and name; address and telephone number of the bidder’s representative.
- The bidder shall furnish such additional information that Tekano may reasonably require.
- Tekano will not be liable for any cost incurred in the preparation of the proposal.
- Tekano will invite bidders for an oral interview/ presentation prior to the approval of a proposal; however, Tekano will not be liable for the costs incurred by the bidder in connection with such interview or presentation.
- Tekano will keep the contents of the application strictly confidential.
- The information/data provided in this document, together with any subsequent issue of addenda of information/data is given in good faith for guidance of applicants. No warranties or representations are given regarding accuracy or completeness of such information.
12. SUBMISSION OF PROPOSALS
Closing Date: 18 December 2020
Submission email address: email@example.com
Tekano does not take any responsibility for any procedural and substantive information obtained from a source other than the above-mentioned official. For more information about visit : www.tekano.org.za
BIDDERS MUST INDICATE WHAT PROVISION IS MADE FOR FORCE MAJEURE EVENTS