Ikamva Lisezandleni Zethu
IkamvaYouth is a township-based volunteer programme that gets learners out of poverty through education. The organisation exists to reduce inequality in South Africa, and its track record of matric results, access to post-school opportunities, and alumni success is proof that positive change is possible.
Ikamva Youth seeks to appoint Business Development Manager to be based in Cape Town/ Pretoria.
The purpose of this position is to develop and manage IkamvaYouth’s fundraising and sustainability strategy. Furthermore, he/she is required to oversee the efficient running of the business development department and to support other departments in achieving overall objectives of the organisation.
Report to: Chief Executive Officer
Salary: R448, 400 CTC per annum (negotiable)
- Development and implementation of a fundraising and non-grant income strategy to achieve greater financial sustainability
- Ensuring that department meets its fundraising, non-grant income and reserve targets
- Implementation of research and development projects regarding donor recruitment
- Develop and initiate strategies to ensure donor retention
- Preparation and management of the departmental budget
- Development, implementation and management of the marketing and public relations strategy
- Manage a Business Development team
- Active implementation and promotion of a work culture in line with IY values
Qualification & Competencies Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in development studies or a business related degree
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in sales, fundraising, or business development
- Minimum 2 years’ management experience
- Experience in grant management is required
- Proven track fundraising track record
- Ability to multi task and prioritise multiple activities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High degree of computer and financial literacy
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact in a professional manner
- Working knowledge of salesforce would be advantageous
- Commitment to IY’s five values and redressing inequalities through education
Interested applicants should submit their Curriculum Vitae and a cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading “Business Development Manager” by 22 January 2021.
For more information please visit, www.ikamvayouth.org
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies