REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
ICT FUNCTIONS - BID NUMBER: ISI2020-ICTF
Isibani Development Partners is a South African-registered NGO, launched in 2011 to become a leading local technical assistance provider, systems strengthening and grants manager for health and social service in Southern Africa. Our programs focus is on HIV, TB, Non-Communicable diseases and Capacity development for community-based organization and government departments.
Isibani Development Partners is one of the three Sub-Recipients of the National Department of Health (NDoH) appointed to implement Global Fund TB/HIV programmes from the 1st April 2019 to 31st March 2022. Isibani is mandated to implement a TB programme with nutrition programme support as one of the activities.
Isibani, based in Pretoria is looking to appoint a service provider to carry out and support its ICT function for head office and district offices.
Current ICT Isibani Development Partners.
At the moment, Isibani Development Partners does not have a dedicated in-house IT function. IT functions are outsourced to a Service provider who host Isibani’s Operating System servers, Applications and data for its different departments. The service provider also hosts Data backups, Active directory, Networks and Internet connectivity. The finance department and HR uses different applications managed by different service provides, however synergy is still required for security purposes. Lack of dedicated ICT technical support has resulted to some few challenges, including but not limited to, server space, data backup and recovery, security and Service performance monitoring and reporting).
2. THE SCOPE OF THE WORK
Isibani is expecting the appointed service provider to provide services for the entire IT Function. The appointed ICT service provider will maintain required ICT systems in accordance with Isibani policies. The service provider will coordinate information needs and technical support requirements of Isibani. The firm will provide daily technical support for users of the Local Area Network (LAN)/Wide Area Network (WAN), information management tools and technology infrastructure.
The service provider shall have a competent staff in the technical aspects of LAN/WAN and communication systems (daily support, training, implementation) in order to ensure 100% availability of the technology environment. The staff will consist of ICT engineers with good communication and technical skills, coupled with industry certification and substantive experiences in providing first line support in installation, configuration and troubleshooting and maintenance. The service provider will be responsible for the review and advice on the use of new technologies that will enhance ICT productivity at Isibani Development Partners.
The following are some of the expected responsibilities of the service provider:
- Ensure safety and security of all computerized data, information, files and documents including ensuring that data backup and recovery procedures are performed on all Isibani applications data.
- Ensure internet availability and reliability, working with ISP to make sure that Internet services are working well and properly managed for all Isibani offices (head office and districts).
- Assist in possible integration of various applications by designing an application that interfaces current applications in use. This also includes recommending, sourcing, migration and implementation of an ERP System if the current applications have to change.
- Indexing the ports in/outlets in the server room, keep ICT equipment, storage area and work area clean and organized including other accessories.
- Administer and maintain office servers (Application, Mail, Active Directory, and others) and all LAN/WAN equipment, periodically updating software and configurations as well as the copies of the systems and databases.
- Ensure full operation of network utility procedure (Active Directory Administration) & security attributes, establishing directories, drive-mapping, configuring network printer & providing user access.
- Train staff on the use of the office intranet, network sharing and help them to archive official documents/emails, and support in the implementation of the electronic archive of all documents.
- Troubleshoot and monitor network problems: File Server Traffic, usage and performance, network security access and space usage. Follow up with staff for corrective measures.
- Installation and maintenance of printers across all Isibani offices, ensuring that all service requests and trouble shootings are timely resolved.
- Implement and apply ICT policies, strategies and plans at Head Office and district offices and ensure optimal performance of the computers. Provide computer training as well as trouble shooting and ad-hoc technical assistance to users.
- Administration of antivirus server: Virus detection, removal and prevention for all systems. Ensure periodic anti-virus update anti-virus protection and other required software for the information system is done.
- Test and verify newly purchased ICT equipment against approved quotations received from suppliers and confirm the purchased equipment are as per approved quotation.
- Ensure that faulty machines under warranty are delivered to and also picked from the warranty Centre after repair work is done warranty
- Perform weekly site visits to assess the status of user machines and fix any arising incidents and provide reports thereof.
The successful service provider should be able to assist Isibani Development Partners in ensuring:
- Properly functioning, secure and efficient network and servers.
- Fully installed and Properly functioning network server, computer systems, etc.
- An efficient software applications and antivirus software on the network
- Optimized network infrastructure, datacentre and ICT management aligned with applicable standards.
- Good working condition of systems, hardware, and equipment maintained
- Isibani Staff to well-equipped on the latest ICT Technology and advancement
- Support in developing specifications for the procurement of IT equipment and participate in the review of the quotes.
- Comprehensive handover notes with clear recommendations for further/future improvements
4. MANDATORRY REQUIREMENTS
- Bid must be submitted on/ or before deadline.
- Bidders must provide a B-BBEE Status Level 2 or better. Certificate (where preference points are claimed) (Original or Certified Copy).
- Bidders must submit the Tax Clearance Certificate for confirmation of Value Added Tax (VAT) and other Tax related matters.
- Declaration of Interest SBD4. https://etenders.treasury.gov.za/content/tender-documents
- Declaration of Bidder’s past Supply Chain Management Practices SDB8. https://etenders.treasury.gov.za/content/tender-documents
- The service provider must submit a profile of the entity which includes but is not limited to the following:
- Name, structure and strategies,
- Names and identity numbers of all directors, chief operating officers,
- Business, products and/or services which the entity is trading,
- At least 3 signed testimonials from previous contractors/clients.
- Certified copy of registration certificate with CIPC or proof of ownership/ shareholding.
- Proof of bank account.
5. EVALUATION PHASE
Bids will be evaluated in a two (2) phase stage
Phase 1: Bidders must satisfy the mandatory administration criteria for them to be evaluated further. Bidders who do not meet the criteria will be disqualified and will not be eligible for further evaluation.
Phase 2: Bid Scoring
|2||Prior Experience (management and similar contract)||15%|
|3||Proposed Contract Management||15%|
|4||Proposed Delivery Schedules||15%|
|5||Sense of Reliability and Continuity of Supply||5%|
6. TERMS AND CONDITION OF THIS PROJECT
6.1 Notice of non-binding solicitation
Isibani reserves the right to reject any and all bids received in response to this Request for Proposal, and is in no way bound to accept any proposal. All the work produced under this RFP will be sole property of Isibani.
6.2 Project Time-frame and outputs
Total duration of the contract is 1-year renewable for another 1 year upon satisfactory performance and availability of funding.
6.3 Financial Payment
- The contractor shall be paid on a monthly basis subject to acceptable performance report
- Payment shall be made in 30 days upon submission of invoice and service performance report
- No advance payment shall be made to service provider
- Service Provider to be a locally registered organization with requisite professional experience and knowledge of Network technologies including Microsoft Windows, corporate ICT security and viral protection systems, ERP, PC/LAN operating systems and VoIP telecommunications.
- The Service Provider should submit a detailed project plan with clear milestones, deliverables for sign off before any work can commence
- The contractor reserves the right to award according to the most economical service option submitted.
All bid documents that address the requirements must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, by 23 December 2020 at 5pm South African time. Late submissions will not be considered. Please ensure the subject line states “Application – ICT Functions: BID Number ISI2020-ICTF