Family Health International (FHI 360)
Economic Strengthening (ES)
Linkages Facilitator for Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYW)
FHI 360 is an independent non-profit organization serving in more than 70 countries, committed to resolve critical social problems throughout the world. Its mission is to improve lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions for human development. FHI 360 was awarded a ten-year, USAID-funded Capacity Development and Support (CDS) program to develop the organizational management, technical capacity and sustainability of local non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and South Africa Government (SAG) departments, to sustain an improved, expanded and country-led response to HIV and AIDS.
DREAMS Program Background:
FHI 360 through the Capacity Development & Support (CDS) project with funding from USAID, is implementing the Determined, Resilient, Empowered, AIDS-free, Mentored, and Safe (DREAMS) program in South Africa. The DREAMS program works to empower adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) with assets that protect them from HIV infection and that expand their opportunities to lead healthy and productive lives. FHI 360 supports the South African DREAMS program through provision of two protective asset program components 1) social asset building (SAB) and 2) economic strengthening (ES).
The DREAMS ES program will use the Siyakha Girls model developed by World Education Bantwana Initiative and approved by USAID. The model provides a sequenced process for preparing vulnerable AGYW to succeed in income generating activities and linking them with employment and entrepreneurship opportunities. The DREAMS ES model includes the follow activities:
- Rapid Labor Market Assessments (LMA)
- Foundational Financial Literacy Skills Training
- Entrepreneurial Mindset Training
- Preventing Sexual Harassment in the Workplace Training
- AGYW-led Labor Market Assessment
- Facilitate Vocational Skills Training in a Growing Sector
- Facilitate AGYW bridge to Employment or Entrepreneurship: To support AGYW gain entry points into the workforce, CDS will identify employment and entrepreneurship opportunities in each district and systematically link AGYW to these opportunities.
FHI 360 seeks the services of an organization to facilitate AGYW Linkages to employment or self-employment in seven provinces within 56 sub-districts, for approximately 30,000 AGWY.
The service provider should have at a minimum the following requirements:
- 5-10 years’ experience in youth workforce readiness, youth employment linkages, or private sector partnership development.
- Demonstrated network and existing partners in South Africa.
- Ability to work under pressure and commitment to work to a tight time frame.
- Ability to problem solve and identify solutions to unexpected challenges.
- Proven project management skills and ability to work independently.
The detailed request for proposals entitled “ES Linkages Facilitator for AGYW” is available on the Capacity Development and Support program website http://www.capacitydev.org. Questions relating to this RFP will be accepted until December 11, 2020 at 17h00 and answers posted on the website on December 15,2020. Questions should be addressed to email@example.com and ensure the subject line states “ES Linkages Facilitator for AGYW”.
All proposals should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 28,2020 at 17h00 South African time. Please ensure the subject line states “ES Linkages Facilitator AGYW”. Late submissions will not be considered, and only selected applicants will be contacted and/or advised of the outcome.