South African Red Cross Society (SARCS)
The South African Red Cross Society (SARCS) is a National Society that was established by an Act of Parliament as a humanitarian organization auxiliary to the Government in the humanitarian field.
The auxiliary mandate of SARCS as stipulated in the Red Cross Act, demands that it plays a pivotal role in complimenting Governments efforts in Disaster management, Social Services and Health Services. The SARCS service provision aims at preventing and alleviating human suffering, protecting life and health, and restoring the dignity of the most vulnerable communities.
SARCS has vacancies for the positions below, tenable in Pretoria respectively.
|POST SARCS05/2020: FINANCE INTERN|
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The primary responsibility of this role is to efficiently manage the financial management and operations of SARCS to ensure that the Society operates at the highest levels of financial integrity, accountability and transparency, you will be responsible for ensuring that financial transactions are properly accounted for; i.e. they are receipted, banked, disbursed, prepared, recorded and reported.
The specific tasks you will expected to carry out include, but are not limited to:
- To receive remittances, prepare cash receipt vouchers and issue corresponding receipts
- To prepare and make deposits into bank accounts held by SARCS
- To collect receipts, statements and other documents from Banks at which SARCS has banking relationships
- To check the accuracy of invoices and payments
- To ensure the accuracy of remittances to suppliers, service providers, statutory bodies (e.g. income tax, withholding tax) and staff
- To make payments to suppliers, service providers, statutory bodies and staff
- To ensure that payments together with their supporting documentation are properly compiled and stored systematically
- To manage the petty cash system and reconcile cash on hand to balances at the end of every month
- To receive payment requests, process payment vouchers and respond to queries from other departments, branches and external clients
- To support the Finance Manager in the discharge of his/her duties
- To contribute to the preparation of departmental reports and to meet specified reporting requirements and timelines
- To assist during internal and external audits
1. SKILLS REQUIRED
- Proven good judgment and ability to work with complete integrity and confidentiality, acting as a model of the highest integrity in a personal capacity and at a team level
- A high degree of discretion, tact and sensitivity with internal and external stakeholders
- Advanced skills in computer applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Advanced knowledge of accounting concepts
- Knowledge of Financial Reporting Standards
- Advanced knowledge of financial management and reporting
- Understanding of internal control and financial management concepts.
- Able to work under pressure with no supervision and be well organized and diligent
- Good people skills and communication skills (both verbal and written) in at least two of the provincial languages
- Financial management skills
- Ability to effectively provide training on finance and administration management matters
2. EDUCATIONAL BACKROUND
- Bachelor’s Degree/Diploma in finance, Financial Management, Accounting or any other relevant field
- Recognized professional financial/accountancy qualification, e.g. ACCA, ACA
3. CORE COMPETENCIES
- Competency in financial control and reporting to board-level
- Competency in financial accounting and reporting software; Microsoft Dynamics Nav preferred
- Experience of administrative systems and procedures
- Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
2 to 5 years’ experience of financial accounting in a humanitarian organization, commercial enterprise or auditing firm
REMUNERATION: SARCS offers a competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
APPLICANTS SHOULD PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS.
- Detailed curriculum vitae
- Three work related and traceable references
- Certified copy of identity card
- Certified copies of academic certificates
- Certified copy of drivers license
If you consider yourself to be the best candidate for these positions, please send your application letter, together with your CV and work-related references on or before 25th December 2020 to: email@example.com