South African Red Cross Society (SARCS)
The South African Red Cross Society (SARCS) is a National Society that was established by an Act of Parliament as a humanitarian organization auxiliary to the Government in the humanitarian field.
The auxiliary mandate of SARCS as stipulated in the Red Cross Act, demands that it plays a pivotal role in complimenting Governments efforts in Disaster management, Social Services and Health Services. The SARCS service provision aims at preventing and alleviating human suffering, protecting life and health, and restoring the dignity of the most vulnerable communities.
SARCS has vacancies for the positions below, tenable in PRETORIA respectively
|POST SARCS04/2020: TRANSPORT AND FLEET MANAGEMENT OFFICER|
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The Transport and Fleet Management Officer will be responsible for managing a pool of project vehicles, ensuring efficient use of resources and coordinating field travel to hospitals across the project
Manage the company’s fleet and coordinate drivers, ensure that all teams have full complement of drivers at all times. Responsible for the overall accounting and planning, coordinating and managing the fleet including related general administration. Ensure the implementation of the company fleet management and pool car usage.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
- Develop weekly/monthly field travel schedules, coordinating between program staff and drivers to allocate use of vehicles
- Under the guidance of the Director of Operations and compliance, manage the pool of vehicles including their service, repair and maintenance.
- Ensure vehicles have valid insurances; drivers have valid permits; insurance claims are processed in a timely; maintenance and servicing is achieved in a timely manner
- Monitor vehicle log books on a weekly basis
- Keep track of fuel card utilization for each vehicle and make monthly reconciliation of bills and vehicle records.
- Ensure proper servicing, maintenance and repair of vehicles, in accordance with SARCS standards. Any irregularities should be reported to the Supervisor/ SCM
- Ensure records are kept for mileage driven/fuel added and the vehicle log book maintained, including for loaned vehicles
- Fuel consumption tracking and reporting implemented and responsibility for/supervision of fueling at all times
- Verify the planning & car’s preparation/readiness for all movements: Ensure that all the safety equipment
1. SKILLS REQUIRED
- Demonstrated ability to work in teams
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills, particularly as related to report development
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, with excellent MS Word and Excel skills
2. EDUCATIONAL BACKROUND
Bachelor’s degree in Transport logistics or any other related field.
3. CORE COMPETENCIES
- Effective Minute writing
- Effective Communication written and verbal
- Project Management; Strategic thinking
- Customer Service Orientation
- Judgement and Decision Making
- Excellent report writing
- Excellent professional communication (Verbal and Written)
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Secretarial administration
- Excellent computer
- Business acumen
- 5-7 years’ experience working in an NGO preferably as a fleet officer.
REMUNERATION: SARCS offers a competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
APPLICANTS SHOULD PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS.
a) Detailed curriculum vitae
b) Three work related and traceable references
c) Certified copy of identity card
d) Certified copies of academic certificates
e) Certified copy of drivers license
If you consider yourself to be the best candidate for these positions, please send your application letter, together with your CV and work-related references on or before 7th December 2020 to: email@example.com