South African Red Cross Society (SARCS)
The South African Red Cross Society (SARCS) is a National Society that was established by an Act of Parliament as a humanitarian organization auxiliary to the Government in the humanitarian field.
The auxiliary mandate of SARCS as stipulated in the Red Cross Act, demands that it plays a pivotal role in complimenting Governments efforts in Disaster management, Social Services and Health Services. The SARCS service provision aims at preventing and alleviating human suffering, protecting life and health, and restoring the dignity of the most vulnerable communities.
SARCS has vacancies for the positions below, tenable in PRETORIA respectively.
|POST SARCS04/2020: LOGISTICS INTERN|
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The Logistcs intern will be responsible for assisting supply chain team in meeting both departmental and corporate objectives. This individual will have the opportunity to become an instrumental part of the daily supply chain activities, including reporting, analytics, procurement of various items, purchase order creation and maintenance, pricing negotiations, and supplier management.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Ensure that all logistic activities, warehousing, transportation related to the proper functioning of the programme are carried out safely, correctly, and in good time and support programmes department as and when necessary in activity implementation
- Carry out packing, crating, and warehousing, and storage duties in preparation for site-specific program and shipment
- Oversee customer-based queues and plan and allocate tasks to meet configuration requirements
- Responsible for tracking, receiving, and stocking all items ordered
- Ensure materials are appropriately stored
- Program the final inventory of materials prior to shipment
- Provide a list of all equipment moved from the consolidation areas into sponsor shipping channels to project coordinators
- Manage and maintain inventory to operating levels to avoid supply
- Manage the repair of equipment
- Responsible for supervising and accounting for an inventory
- Carry out annual property inventory and provide other report in his area of responsibility.
1. SKILLS REQUIRED
- To work as a logistics officer, applicants must have a thorough understanding of MS Office applications and logistics software necessary to conduct research and complete routine/moderately complex tasks
- They must be able to assess moderately complex information from multiple sources and draw logical conclusions
- Interpersonal skills:
- It is crucial that they can establish and preserve productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect, as well as nurture an effective working relationship with the work team
Applicants must be able to communicate with various stakeholders, including donors, colleagues, vendors, etc. It is also vital for composing and delivering responses to donors, attending to complex questions in a clear and concise manner, and reporting the status of assigned tasks
- Logistics officers must be able to plan, prioritize, and manage their own activities and office workflow even when working under tight deadlines
- Client orientation:
- It is essential that they have a customer focus attitude to regard those to whom services are provided for as customers. Having a customer orientation helps to understand customer requirements, identify clients’ needs, and match them to appropriate solutions, or suggest and implement solutions to customer issues
Logistics officers must be willing and able to adapt to changing work requirements and priorities that may require overtime or extended hours.
2. EDUCATIONAL BACKROUND
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Business administration, or Transportation; Industrial Distribution, Industrial Engineering, or Supply Chain Management, or in a related field.
- It is important that applicants have an understanding of logistics operations and practices. They must also have extensive work experience in logistic or supply chain management tasks. develop logistics plans, policies, and procedures, and provide technical and procedural advice in a broad range of logistics areas.
REMUNERATION: SARCS offers a competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
APPLICANTS SHOULD PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS.
a) Detailed curriculum vitae
b) Three work related and traceable references
c) Certified copy of identity card
d) Certified copies of academic certificates
e) Certified copy of drivers license
If you consider yourself to be the best candidate for these positions, please send your application letter, together with your CV and work-related references on or before 7th December 2020 to: firstname.lastname@example.org