South African Red Cross Society (SARCS)
The South African Red Cross Society (SARCS) is a National Society that was established by an Act of Parliament as a humanitarian organization auxiliary to the Government in the humanitarian field.
The auxiliary mandate of SARCS as stipulated in the Red Cross Act, demands that it plays a pivotal role in complimenting Governments efforts in Disaster management, Social Services and Health Services. The SARCS service provision aims at preventing and alleviating human suffering, protecting life and health, and restoring the dignity of the most vulnerable communities.
SARCS has vacancies for the positions below, tenable in JOHANNESBURG respectively
|POST SARCS01/2020: FUNDARISING OFFICER|
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To organise and helping with traditional fundraising activities such as sponsored or promotional events, raffles, house-to-house, street collections and developing new fundraising ideas and events. As well as, approaching individuals, schools, universities, local authorities, shops and commercial organisations for sponsorship and donations.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- To design a branch fundraising plan
- To build relationships with potential funders (Local Businesses and Municipalities)
- Research potential donors and generate new opportunities to increase fundraising income.
- Produce fundraising proposals
- Marketing training programs.
- To have a database of donors / clients
- To provide support and guidance to local committees within Joburg branch
- To contribute to the management team and the effective running of the organization
- To undertake any other duties as requested
- To work out a sustainable network plan
- To develop and evaluate projects within the local committees
- to do a need analysis in local committees to start projects that will bring income to establish branch sustainability
- work with relief programmes and report on all disaster related activities
- Assist the ODA with consolidating, analysing and summarising management and other reports when required
- Complete ad-hoc assignments as determined from time to time
- Ensure that travel and accommodation arrangements are done timeously and on a cost-effective basis
- Maintain a filing system in an organised, efficient and accessible manner
- Prepare for meetings, including venues and ensure that all equipment is in working condition
- Attend to stationery requirements of the department
- Compile and maintain a database of international and local donor organizations
- Undertake independent research in finding alternative resources for long-term sustainability of the organization
- Undertake online research and build contacts with potential individual donors and raise funds for the activities of the organization.
- Maintain relationships with existing donors and respond to their requests regularly and keep updating them about the work of the organization
- Organize or provide assistance in organizing any fundraising events for the organization
- Suggest other innovative ideas for effective resource mobilization
1. SKILLS REQUIRED
- Sales and negotiation abilities
- Communication skills
- IT skills
- Good organisation
- Administrative skills
- Creative thinking
- Effective problem solving
- Planning and organizing
- Communication written and verbal
- Good interpersonal Skills
2. EDUCATIONAL BACKROUND
Any degree is acceptable for entry into the profession. Qualifications in the following subjects may be particularly helpful:
- business studies
- public relations
3. CORE COMPETENCIES
- Organisational skills
- Commercial awareness
- Good teamworking skills
- Communication skills
- Numerical skills
- IT skills
REMUNERATION: SARCS offers a competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
APPLICANTS SHOULD PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS.
a) Detailed curriculum vitae
b) Three work related and traceable references
c) Certified copy of identity card
d) Certified copies of academic certificates
e) Certified copy of drivers license
If you consider yourself to be the best candidate for these positions, please send your application letter, together with your CV and work-related references on or before 4th December 2020 to: email@example.com