IRD SA NPC
Brief background information:
The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Tuberculosis (TB) Local Organizations Network (LON) is a two-year project implemented in partnership with the Government of South Africa, through the South African National Department of Health (NDOH). The project was launched in 2019 by USAID/ Mission in South Africa.
The USAID TB LON Project is using locally generated solutions to improve TB diagnosis, treatment, and prevention services. The TB LON project is implemented by IRD SA NPC, a South Africa section 21 not-for Profit Company. IRD SA is implementing the TB LON Project by delivering a comprehensive package of care services for TB, DR-TB and TB/HIV in the City of Tshwane Metropolitan Municipality (CTMM)
IRD SA NPC wishes to engage the services of an audit firm for the purpose of auditing the project/programme Cooperative Agreement No: 72067420CA00001; Tuberculosis Local Organization Network Activity - Delivering a Comprehensive Package of Services to End TB project, as stipulated in the agreement between The United States Agency for International Development’s Mission to Southern Africa (USAID/SA) and Interactive Research and Development South Africa NPC (IRDSA). The audit shall be carried out in accordance with USAID regulations 2CFR200 subpart F. The audit shall be carried out by an external, independent, and qualified auditor.
2. OBJECTIVES AND SCOPE OF THE AUDIT
- Audit the Financial report for period “15 October 2019 – 30 September 2020” as submitted to the donor and express an audit opinion according to 2CFR 200 subpart F on whether the financial report of Tuberculosis Local Organization Network Activity
- Delivering a Comprehensive Package of Services to End TB project submitted to the donor, is in accordance with IRD SA NPC accounting records and agreed budget.
- Examine, assess and report on compliance with the terms and conditions of the Cooperative Agreement and applicable laws and regulations within accounting and taxes.
- The auditor shall examine on a test basis that there is supporting documentation related to reported expenditure. The size of the test shall be based on the auditor’s risk analysis and that should be stated in the report. The auditor shall report the identified amount in case there is any missing supporting documentation.
- The auditor shall submit a management letter, which shall contain the audit findings made during the audit process. The management letter shall state which measures that have been taken as a result of previous audits and whether measures taken have been adequate to deal with reported shortcomings.
- Examine if IRD SA NPC has agreements with the organizations to which it channels parts of the funds and whether IRD SA NPC has followed audit rule and have satisfying routines/resources for acting on received audit reports from these organizations.
3. THE AUDITOR´S REPORTING
- The auditor´s report shall contain details regarding used audit method and the scope of the audit.
- The report shall contain an assurance that the audit was performed in accordance with international standards and by a qualified auditor.
- The report shall contain the responsible auditor’s signature (not just the audit firm) and title.
- The auditor shall make recommendations to address any weaknesses identified. The recommendations should be presented in priority.
- The report shall be written in English and be presented to IRD SA NPC in 4 copies and one digital for onward transmission to United States Agency for International Development’s Mission to Southern Africa (USAID/SA), by the deadline of 30/09/2021
Firms seeking to apply should be registered in South Africa and must have been in operation at least for the last 5 years. Additionally, the firm must demonstrate experience in the audit of not for profit entities and organizations with similar registration to IRD SA NPC.
The following information should be provided:
- Certificate of incorporation/registration
- VAT Certificate
- Tax compliance certificate
- List of at least three clients within the NPO sector
- USAID specific audit experience
- Provide a brief about the firm. This must include a profile on past work done for clients within the same sector as IRD SA NPC and specific experience of USAID project audits
- Provide a profile of the audit services team likely to be involved in the audit process
The firm should state the methodology/approach of conducting the audits. Upon selection, the firm will be expected to provide a letter of engagement which will also highlight the basis of the auditor’s work.
7. PROPOSED FEES
The firm should provide a quote for the provision of audit services as highlighted above. This should include projected fees for the subsequent two years.
Submission of Proposals
Proposals must be received by 15 December, 2020
for more about IRD SA NPC, refer to https://www.ird.global
Applications can be delivered to IRD SA NPC Offices Block A1st Floor 36 Wierda Road, Wierda West Valley, Sandton 2192, South Africa or email: email@example.com