THINK TB & HIV Investigative Network
Position: Research Doctor
Opportunity Type: Fixed term Contract
Start Date: 1 January 2021
THINK is a non-profit organisation dedicated to improving the lives of those affected by TB and HIV/AIDS. As a health delivery and research organisation engaging with the local community, government and international funders, THINK has provided care to over 100,000 people in KwaZulu-Natal Province and carried out cutting-edge clinical research that has already contributed to changing TB Treatment Guidelines internationally and locally.
THINK is looking for a qualified candidate to fill the role of a Research Doctor. Responsibilities under the supervision of the Site manager and Principal Investigator are as follows;
Duties and Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Team mentoring, support and management
- Screening of potential study participants with regards to their eligibility for the trial and obtaining informed consent.
- Clinical management of study participants with drug resistant Tuberculosis (MDR & XDR) as well as adverse events that could arise while on treatment.
- Performing administrative duties such as resolving data queries, completing SAE reports, developing source documentation and site operating procedures, etc.
- Assist with the training and mentoring of other researchers and nursing staff.
- Stakeholder engagement and co-management with the DoH facilities
- MBCHB or equivalent
- Knowledge in the management of TB and HIV
- Valid motor vehicle license
- Post community service general experience for at least 2 years
- TB/HIV Management experience in the public sector
- Clinical trial or research experience
- Current GCP certificate
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates. The closing date for receipt of applications will be 06 December 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within 4 weeks of the closing date. THINK reserves the right in special circumstances to accept late applications or to extend the above date to facilitate further searches. Furthermore, THINK reserves the right not to make an appointment. Internal applicants will get preference for shortlisting. THINK is unable to provide relocation assistance. Queries can be directed to Ronelle Moodliar on email@example.com
Applications are only accepted if received via the online portal found at: