mothers2mothers (m2m) is an Africa-based NGO that unlocks the potential of women to eliminate paediatric AIDS and create healthy families across ten sub-Saharan African countries. m2m trains, employs, and helps empower women living with HIV to work as community healthcare workers in understaffed health centres and underserved communities. Through a peer-to-peer approach, these ‘Mentor Mothers’ deliver a range of health services, advice, and support to women and their families. Started in Cape Town, South Africa in 2001 with an initial focus on preventing mother-to-child transmission of HIV, m2m has innovated and built on its strengths and now provides family-centred support for a range of related health and social issues spanning pregnancy, birth, childhood, and adolescence. It also partners with governments and other NGOs on the adoption of its programme to spread the Mentor Mother Model and its benefits. m2m has a track record of scaling its services and proven impact. To date, m2m has reached over 11M women and children under two, and created more than 11,000 jobs for African women living with HIV. For more, visit www.m2m.org.
PA / Team Administrator
The PA / Team Administrator will provide administrative support to the DPTS Director and the Senior Programme Lead as well as the DPTS Team. PA / Team Administrator will report directly to the Director of DPTS. Also responsible for line managing the driver for the WC/HO as well as fleet management. Will be based in Cape Town.
Key Performance Areas
Assistant to Director and SPL
- Lead diary management and scheduling of internal and external meetings which would include inter-departmental meetings
- Assist with all travel planning and accommodation bookings by making sure the required schedule is liaised with the Travel coordinator
- Sending out correspondence and liaising on behalf of DPTS
- Act as point person for all documentation, to be signed off by the DPTS Director
- Attending meetings, taking detailed minutes as required with action plan and follow up on progress of action plan
- Liquidation of Travel Expenses
- Liquidation of all Credit Card Expenses
Administrative support to DPTS Team
- Meeting scheduling and coordination, including taking minutes and distribution thereof
- Coordination and constant follow-up of activities
- Point person to DPTS team, for all documentation which requires Director’s attention
- Point person for Country Teams that requires action on all documentations to be signed by the Director
- Liaise directly with the Country Directors to schedule meetings or coordinate activities on behalf of the Director
- Creating Purchase Requisitions for purchases within the DPTS Department
Line Management of WC/HO Drive as well as Fleet Management
Advise and recommend new features or changes to team administration systems, processes or knowledge sharing sites/portals. In collaboration with line manager design, implement and rollout these recommendations to the team.
Any other additional tasks as may be assigned by the DPTS Director
Qualifications and experience
- Degree or Diploma in Administration or related field
- At least 5-7 years’ experience
- Excellent working knowledge of and experience in using MS Office suite, videoconferencing skills (Teams / Zoom etc).
- Team player, self-motivated, creative, resourceful, flexible, energetic with sound judgment
- Results-oriented with the ability to manage decisively and motivate staff to perform optimally
- Strong management skills and high level of personal integrity
- High ability to multi-task
- Flexible with ability to work under pressure
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to manage multiple concurrent tasks and deadlines
- Ability to create structure and work in structured ways
- Strong stakeholder relationship skills
- Ability to work within a matrix management structure
mothers2mothers is an equal opportunity employer. We particularly encourage applications from people living with HIV and AIDS (PLWHA), people with disabilities, women and previously disadvantaged people.
Competitive salary packages will be negotiable in accordance with m2m’s remuneration policies.
Interested applicants should apply for this position via https://m2m.org/who-we-are/careers/ by 11 December 2020.