Viewfinder is an accountability journalism unit that does long-term investigations into abuses of power which impact on the public interest, specifically as it relates to the need for equality and re-dress, in South Africa. Our flagship project aims to expose the underpinnings of police brutality and non-accountability in SA. Viewfinder is a Cape Town-based organisation but this position can be based anywhere in South Africa.
Position: Engagement reporter
- Develop and implement an audience engagement strategy to reach the people directly impacted by the issues we investigate. Ensure that our reporting is informed by their stories, perspectives and needs.
- Develop and implement an impact strategy for our journalism, which engages the segments of our audience with the power to bring about change on the issues we investigate.
- Repackage Viewfinder’s investigative findings as innovative multimedia and other content to reach and engage new audiences.
- Manage Viewfinder’s social media and digital presence and grow our online audience.
- Five years experience working in community based journalism, campaign management or audience engagement in the civil society or media sector.
- Strong networking abilities, and able to relate to and engage audiences across the social and economic spectrum of news consumers in SA.
- Digital and social media savvy.
Attributes that are a plus:
- Ability to produce multimedia content
Send your CV along with a cover letter which outlines your relevant experience and what you hope to bring to this position to email@example.com
Applications close at midnight on 18 December 2020.