MatCH (Maternal, Adolescent and Child Health institute)
Maternal, Adolescent & Child Health Institute (MatCH) is a non-profit organisation supporting public sector health services. MatCH implements donor funded projects to improve HIV and TB outcomes through providing technical assistance and direct service delivery support. MatCH Institute NPC is looking to fill the following Position under the APACE Grant.
MatCH seeks to appoint the Project Team Leaderto be based in MatCH Head Office in Durban, eThekwini with travel to supported districts of Harry Gwala (KZN); Alfred Nzo and Buffalo City Municipality (EC).
Type of Contract: Permanent
The purpose of the job Provide technical leadership, oversight and guidance on the HIV clinical cascade, with a focus on improving case finding and linkage from HIV testing to ART initiation. Active case-finding represents the gateway to treatment, and a critical path to prevention interventions; inefficient or ineffective case-finding can also be a bottleneck to epidemic control. The incumbent will also provide leadership on policies and issues related to the HIV clinical cascade for PEPFAR, as well as support the revision and strengthening of South African government guidelines and policies in these areas. Participate in quality improvement and assurance work to include facility visits; development of facility improvement plans; use of daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly data to inform programmatic changes and course corrections.
- Implementation of targeted case finding of high-risk individuals is a key entry point to both ART and prevention services
- Develop and utilize validated risk screening tools to ensure case-finding efforts are identifying and testing individuals and populations that are at high risk of HIV infection
- Develop innovative and efficient ways to mitigate gaps in case-finding for men, children/adolescents and marginalized populations
- Facilitate strategies for the implementation of ethical Index testing, Assisted Partner Notification, Partner Notification or Contact Tracing for improved yield and case finding
- Coordinate implementation of HIVSS as a part of the HTS portfolio especially in high-burden settings and should be strategically deployed to improve yield and case finding
- Analyse, interpret and present data to highlight issues, risks and support decision making
- Contribute to the production of timely and accurate reports to donors on the progress of the programmes
Required minimum education and training:
Diploma in General Nursing and NIMART
Minimum work experience:
- Minimum 3 years working experience as a Nurse Advisor.
- Experience in primary health care, maternal and child health, sexual reproductive health, HIV/TB and communicable diseases is required.
Desirable additional education, work experience and personal abilities:
- Post graduate qualification in Public Health, Health Policy, Health services management, or related field.
- Experience of working in a donor funded environment, especially PEPFAR, highly desirable Risk management and clinical governance skills
- Excellent Project management skills
- Excellent administrative skills
- High degree of judgment, maturity, ingenuity and originality
- Clinical expertise and experience managing complex projects.
- Knowledge of DOH health systems and structures including familiarity with policies, programme priorities and regulations.
- Fluency in one or more national South African languages.
- Exceptional strategic thinking and an ability to analyse and synthesise data from a range of sources.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with a strong ability to develop beneficial relationships and networks to achieve results.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects while working as part of a team; conflict handling, decision making, strong negotiation skills and resilience.
- Valid driver’s licence and own transport
When submitting applications, the Position being applied for including reference number as alluded to on the advert must be included in the email subject line. The Position being applied for and reference number as alluded to on the advert must be mentioned on application letters and these together with detailed CVs and copies of applicable qualifications and registrations must be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more about MatCH (Maternal, Adolescent and Child Health institute), refer to https://www.match.org.za/
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies
Please note that previous respondents to this advert are encouraged not to reapply.
MatCH Institute NPC reserves the right not to make an appointment. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within 14 days of the closing date.