Earthchild Project (ECP)
Started in 2007, Earthchild Project (ECP) operates in under-resourced schools in Cape Town. Working with children and teachers, our holistic education programmes focus on life-skills, wellness and the environment. ECP aims to inspire a new generation of confident, conscious and responsible young leaders.
We have a small diverse team, who are passionate about what we do. We love yoga, healthy living and taking care of the earth. We strive to build long relationships, to constantly learn and grow, and to work consciously and with integrity.
We are looking for a new Schools Programme Manager and Senior Facilitator for our Lavender Hill Schools Programme.
The role will include the following:
Area Relationship Management
- Manage and organise all school level Programmes within Lavender Hill partner schools, providing management and leadership to the Lavender Hill team
- Build and maintain strong collaborative working relationships with school leadership teams, teachers, volunteers and partnering organisations
- Pro-actively manage communication between all stakeholders in the area
- Ensure that all Lavender Hill Staff and Programmes are fully resourced
- Organise venues, catering, transport & volunteers for Holiday Programmes, workshops, camps and ad hoc events
- Manage Programme budget together with the Operations Manager
- Organising and delivering content for Teacher Training and Young Leader Programmes
- Building strong facilitator relationships with Programme participants
Monitoring, Reporting & Administration
- Ensure all required reporting, administration & record keeping is undertaken by Lavender Hill team and is properly organised and filed
- Manage all resources and inventories for Lavender Hill Programmes
- Ensure all contracts, MOU’s and consent forms with schools, teachers, learners, partners and volunteers are up to date, well organised and easily accessible
The ideal candidate will also have:
- Excellent people skills and the ability to build personal and trusting relationships with a diverse range of people
- Impeccable admin skills
- Good computer skills (Word, Excel, Google Drive, Calendar management)
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Fluent in English and Afrikaans
- Own transport and a valid driver’s license
How to Apply:
Please put your ‘Name & Surname – Schools Programme Manager’ in the subject line, and email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Your CV (max 2 pages) - including a photo of yourself and your date of birth
- Motivation letter (max 2 pages) - please share why joining the ECP team excites and inspires you and why you’d be the best person for the job
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of sending your application. All questions about the details of the position and compensation will be answered
AFTER we reach out to you to discuss your submission.