Started in 2007, Earthchild Project (ECP) operates in under-resourced schools in Cape Town. Working with children and teachers, their holistic education programmes focus on life-skills, wellness and the environment. ECP aims to inspire a new generation of confident, conscious and responsible young leaders. ECP works across 8 schools in Khayelitsha and Lavender Hill, reaching over 3500 children and 80 teachers every week. They run a variety of Programmes from yoga classes, eco clubs, leadership training, holiday programmes, teacher training workshops and more.
ECP seeks to appoint an Operations Manager to be based in Cape Town.
The purpose of this position is to find someone who can ‘hold’ the big picture but also ensure the smooth implementation of day-to-day operations and a high quality of programme delivery. Someone who can manage, lead and support their operational team, ensuring they are on track with their strategy.
- Assist in the development of ECP’s strategy, together with the team, Director and the Board.
- Work collaboratively with the team to develop sound operational plans, aligned to ECP’s strategy.
- Review and evaluate the results of overall operations regularly and systematically, and report these results to the Director.
- Creating simple systems to ensure the smooth implementation of all programmes. This will include developing and implementing administrative systems.
- Ensuring our Monitoring & Evaluation systems are being implemented and reporting to the Director on outcomes and recommendations.
- Managing, leading and supporting our operational team. This will include working with and overseeing a diverse range of staff from senior programme managers, to junior facilitators.
- Creating simple, clear communication tools and processes to ensure cohesion within the team.
- Developing and managing staff development & performance management within operational team.
- Ensure that all policies, contracts & HR admin is up to date, organised & easily accessible
- Development and implementation of induction programme for new ECP staff
- Manage the operational finances of ECP, including expenditure
- Report to Director on operational finances and projected expenditure
- Support the Director in developing the annual Programme budget
- Management experience, preferably in a senior position for five years
- Ability to manage a diverse and geographically dispersed team
- A high proficiency in computer skills (Word, Excel, Google Drive, Calendar management)
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Own transport and a valid driver’s license
How to Apply:
Please put your ‘Name & Surname – Operations Manager’ in the subject line, and email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:6
- Your CV (max 2 pages) - including a photo of yourself and your date of birth
- Motivation letter (max 2 pages) - please share why joining the ECP team excites and inspires you and why you’d be the best person for the job
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
If you have not been contacted two weeks after closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.