Gender Links, a dynamic Southern African NGO headquartered in Johannesburg that promotes gender justice and equality seeks to fill the post of South Africa Programme Manager.
- Managing the South Africa programme including amongst others the Mainstreaming Gender in Local Government Centres of Excellence (COE) and the entrepreneurship programme for survivors of gender-based violence.
- Facilitating training required for the SA programme interventions.
- Managing knowledge creation and learning, gathering testimonials at workshops, compiling I stories, contributing to the SADC Gender Protocol Barometer.
- Planning and reporting for the SA programme.
- Fundraising and managing the budget for the programme.
- Generating monthly monitoring and evaluation reports
Qualifications, experience and skills
- A degree in Social Sciences, Gender Studies or other relevant discipline.
- At least 5 years’ experience in lobbying and advocacy work on gender and development work.
- Strong knowledge/ prior experience of working in local government in South Africa.
- Research, advocacy and training skills.
- Strong strategic, conceptual and operational skills
- Financial, fund raising and report writing skills
- Excellent networking and inter-personal skills
- Excellent verbal and writing skills
- IT proficiency– knowledge of MS Office packages like excel, MSProject, Powerpoint, and Outlook.
- Proficiency in at least one widely spoken local language in addition to English
- A valid drivers’ license.
The post which is for an initial period of one-year period is based in Johannesburg. GL will offer a competitive remuneration package commensurate with the skills and experience. Background information can be found on www.genderlinks.org.za or by phoning the Marketing & Compliance Manager on (011) 029 0006/ (011) 487 2829. To apply please submit a CV, references and relevant sample of written work on this LINK
by Friday, 4 December 2020. Late applications will not be considered. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. GL reserves the right to not appoint anyone if a suitable candidate is not found.