Right To Care
Right to Care is a nonprofit organisation that provides clinical services for the prevention and treatment of HIV/AIDS and associated diseases.
Right to Care seeks to appoint a Monitor and Evaluation Manager to be based in South Africa.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree in public health, social sciences, behavioural sciences, or related field
- Experience in working with US government or other bilateral donors, specifically USAID.
- Ability to conduct data analysis (both quantitative and qualitative)
- Must be computer literate and must be able to use Windows, MS Office, PowerPoint, and Excel as well as statistical analytical package such as STATA, SPSS etc.
- Knowledge of HIV/AIDS
- Proficiency in English
- At least 3 years’ experience in programme monitoring and evaluation, managing HIV/AIDS-related data, including data verification / quality assurance
- Project coordination and implementation experience
- Desirable Qualifications and Experience:
- Post graduate qualification in data analytics and Monitoring and Evaluation/Strategic Information will be a distinct advantage.
- Experience in managing staff and mentoring M&E staff
- Capacity building and experience conducting monitoring and evaluation experience for various stakeholders
- Experience in District Health Information Systems and PEPFAR reporting systems (TIER.net, DHIS, SYNCH and DATIM).
- Advanced working knowledge of using DHIS, Tier.net & Tier modules, SYNCH, HPRS and other DoH/USAID databases.
Technical and Behavioural Competencies:
- Able to work independently
- Attention to detail
- Aptitude for, and interest in, numbers
- Interpersonal skills
- Time management
- Logical thinking
- Analytical thinking
- Leadership skills and Strategic vision
- Must have valid driver’s licence
- Leads the planning and execution of M&E technical assistant projects.
- Manage day to day activities of all M&E staff in the districts.
- Stakeholder and relationship management with internal and external matters regarding matters related to monitoring, evaluation and information systems in the district.
- Provide input in the design, improvement, and implementation of the district monitoring and evaluation plans.
- Coordinate the implementation and routine monitoring and evaluation activities for RTC for programmes and project.
- Implement best M&E practices across programmes and projects.
- Facilitate trainings on monitoring and evaluation
- Coordinate the implementation of standard operating procedures for M&E tools
- Provide oversight and guidance in the implementation of M&E Right to Care technical assistance projects.
- Provide routine M&E training and mentoring of HSS M&E staff and programme teams
- Technical supervision and coaching of M&E Officers to ensure quality M&E technical assistance for DoH and coordination in programmes and districts
- Conduct routine data quality audits and M&E site to ensure data quality across all programmes.
- Design and conduct Data Quality Audit and follow up on implementation of audit recommendations by programmes/districts on regular basis.
- Ensure M&E activities are coordinated and conducted according to annual M&E Plans.
- Co-facilitate routine data review session sessions of all key indicators weekly and monthly to ensure data for decision making by programme/project teams.
- Monitor and evaluate district’s overall progress against set outputs and outcome targets.
- Task monitoring and oversight for all M&E district staff (M&E Officers, Data Quality Mentors and Data Capturers).
- Provide ongoing M&E technical support for district activities through input during weekly, monthly and quarterly meetings.
- Continuous tracking and resolution of problems identified in the RTC M&E systems and data collection systems
- Participate in data collection for RTC HSS Programme evaluation cycles
- Contribute towards the development and implementation of a monthly data quality report for the district
- Ensure source documents (M&E Tools, Manuals & SOPs, Reports) are kept and made available in accordance with written policy (original word templates).
- Conduct second review of electronic data including cross checks between paper-based and electronic data.
- Train staff on data collection and meeting data quality standards.
- Provide quality assurance and quality control for qualitative data transcription of M&E data
- Ensure submission of Monthly Reports by districts, according to District Reporting Plan
- Contribute towards the development and implementation of a data analysis framework for quantitative and qualitative data for all district projects.
- Verification, coding and cleaning data before data analysis.
- Prepare tables and figures for communication of monitoring and evaluation results.
- Respond to adhoc request for data analysis request using M & E data for reports that are not available in the reporting function of the database.
- Conduct data analysis for RTC baseline and endline assessments.
- Ensure daily reporting is strictly implemented by all data teams
- Ensure the RtC MP team meets all M & E reporting deadlines by multiple stakeholders.
- Verify Monthly, Quarterly, Semi-annual and Annual PEPFAR Reports and confirm data accuracy/consistency prior to submission to USAID and the DoH.
- Design and maintain weekly, monthly and quarterly stats overview for districts performance.
- Ensure the updating of weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting templates/databases according to DoH and PEPFAR reporting requirements.
- Writing of reports from adhoc data analysis:
- Descriptive data analysis reports are produced and presented to Stakeholders on adhoc request.
NB: Applicants may be requested to do a practical assessment as part of the interview process & Interviews for this position will be face to face in Nelspruit.
All applications should be submitted by email to Vacancy23@righttocare.org with the subject “Monitor and Evaluation Manager” .
To view other opportunities, refer to www.ngopulse.org/group/home-page/other-opportunities.