THINK TB & HIV Investigative Network
Position: Data Quality Assurance Officer x 3
Opportunity Type: Fixed term Contract
Start Date: 1 February 2021
Application Closing date: Subject to candidate suitability
THINK is a non-profit organisation dedicated to improving the lives of those affected by TB and HIV/AIDS. As a health delivery and research organisation, THINK engages with the local community, government consortia, and international funders to provide care for over 100,000 people in KwaZulu-Natal Province and carries out cutting-edge clinical research that has already contributed to changing TB Treatment Guidelines internationally and locally.
THINK is looking for qualified candidates to fill the role of Data Quality Assurance Officer to support the implementation of the THINK USAID Project KwaZulu-Natal Province. The aim of the Project is to safeguard advances of TB treatment by strengthening the MDR TB health care platform in the KwaZulu Natal. The Data Quality Assurance Officer will be based at one of the 3 project offices and report to the M&E Coordinator.
Duties and Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Coordinate visits with the Monitoring & Evaluation Coordinator in uMgungundlovu District and surrounding sub districts
- Submit timely and accurate weekly and monthly reports on activities to the M&E Coordinator
- Support Doris Goodwin Hospital and health care facilities to ensure all relevant patient data is accurately captured into the electronic databases such as EDR and TIER.Net
- Support the health facilities to generate daily, weekly and monthly EDR line list reports
- Conduct data quality audits by comparing program outputs with source documents such as TB registers to ensure data quality
- Interact with hospital staff to capture relevant patient-related information
- Ensure accurate and timely information is shared with THINK Linkage Officers to ensure the THINK online application system is maintained
- Perform other duties as required
- Minimum requirement of a tertiary qualification in M&E or relevant discipline
- Trained on EDR ad TIER.Net software and/or previous experience with EDR and TIER.Net data capturing and reporting.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in working with DOH data (from patient-record level to DHIS level)
- Strong IT skills with knowledge of MS Office software packages
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships with stakeholders and clients
- Good verbal communication skills
- Valid Code 08 Drivers licence
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for appointment soonest. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within 4 weeks of the closing date. THINK reserves the right in special circumstances to accept late applications or to extend the above date in order to facilitate further searches. Furthermore, THINK reserves the right not to make an appointment. Internal applicants will get preference for shortlisting. THINK is unable to provide reallocation assistance.
Applications are only accepted if received via the online portal found at: