Isibani Development Partners
Isibani Development Partners is a South African-registered NGO, launched in 2011 to become a leading local technical assistance provider, systems strengthening and grants manager for health and social service in Southern Africa. Our programs focus is on HIV, TB, Non-Communicable diseases and Capacity development for community-based organization and government departments.
Isibani seeks to appoint a Project Manager (AGYW project) to be based in Empangeni - uMhlathuze Sub-District.
Reports to: Supervisor - Executive Director
The purpose of this position will be to lead the overall implementation of the AGYW project, manage stakeholder engagement, provide oversight on all reporting requirements. He/she will ensure technical quality, close adherence to work plans, milestones and deliverables of the project are met.
- Lead the overall planning, implementation, coordination, monitoring and reporting of the AGYW program, safe spaces, in-school and out of school, community outreach and TVET and Tertiary Institution activities in the Sub-district to achieve results against set objectives;
- Oversee overall mapping of safe spaces and community outreach points in the Subdistrict;
- Establish and manage relationships with key stakeholders i.e. government departments, schools, community leadership and all other relevant stakeholders;
- Advocate for the implementation of the In-School and Out-of-School ,safe spaces and community outreach AGYW activities with the various stakeholders and government departments;
- Ensure the AGYW safe spaces and community outreach activities are aligned with the relevant government policies and legislations to facilitate linkages and retention;
- Work with the AGYW program technical team to ensure all AGYW program related data is collected, validated, reported and utilised accurately and timeously to inform and guide evidence-based program planning and implementation;
- Work with the AGYW program technical team to ensure that the AGYW safe spaces and community AGYW program staff have the necessary capacity to use biometric management system as applicable;
- Assess/ identify capacity needs of AGYW program staff and build their capacity through training, mentoring, coaching and supportive supervision as appropriate;
- Actively participate in on-site data verification and routine data quality assessment (DQA) activities;
- Represent the AGYW program in all relevant platforms as and when required;
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Program Manager and the AGYW senior management team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Command of local languages would be an added advantage;
- Experience in program management i.e. development, work planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting (MER); financial management and understanding and tracking of budgets;
- Experience in managing and building capacity (i.e. training, mentoring, coaching and supportive supervision) of field-based teams, including facilitation skills;
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills.
- Ability to take initiatives, work under pressure and multitask with minimum supervision;
- A team player with good interpersonal skills;
- Sound problem solving and decision-making skills; effective time management and coordination skills;
- Competent in Microsoft Office suite and project management tools;
- Valid driver’s license.
- Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline: public health/education /social work;
- At least 5-10 years’ experience in HIV and AIDS programming, with a specific focus on AGYW or adolescent and youth-friendly services (AYFS);
- At least 5 years or more experience in project management and supervision
- Demonstrated experience in AGYW program planning and implementation. Program management experience in Global Fund, PEPFAR or other AGYW projects is preferred;
- In-depth understanding of government social development, health and basic educations systems; Kwazulu - Natal Province-specific experience would be an added advantage.
- Experience in relevant technical fields (education, public health, community development etc.)
- Proven track record in coaching project implementation teams for successful execution of projects
- Highly developed communication and group facilitation skills, including ability to deliver compelling presentations and facilitate learning
- Experience managing highly risky projects/ grants with minimal supervision
- Experience in managing AGYW related grants-desirable
- Should have experience in working with youth programmes or demonstrate knowledge of youth challenges for him/her to be able to provide guidance to the field officer
Suitable candidates to submit applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Subject line: Project Manager AGYW
Kindly note only shortlisted candidates will be notified
For more about Isibani Development Partners, refer to isibani.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies