The Haven Night Shelter
THE HAVEN BELIEVES NO ONE SHOULD HAVE TO LIVE ON THE STREETS.
Vacant Post: Social Work Supervisor - Head Office, Napier Street, Green Point
The Haven Night Shelter Organisation (www.haven.org.za), a non –governmental organisation working to help the homeless back to a home, family and community, require a dynamic Social Work Supervisor to assist in supervising Social Workers; Social Auxiliary workers and Community Development workers working at partner NGO’s that will be based at the Head Office, 2 Napier Street, Cape Town.
NGO’s funded by the Families program of the Department of Social Development make use of supervision services provided by The Haven. These NGO’s focus on family reunification services, physical care and support to families with the focus on preventing disintegration of family life and reunification of families.
The role of the Social Work Supervisor is for the improvement of the lives of the people whom these NGO’s serve. Effective functioning of the social work aspect is pivotal to the success of the organisations fulfilling its Mission and reaching its objectives.
The Social Work Supervisor will report to the CEO.
- Qualified Social Worker registered with SACSSP in South Africa
- 5 Years’ experience as a Social Worker and at least 2 years’ experience as a Social Worker Supervisor.
- Code 08 driver’s licence (non-negotiable)
- Ability to work well with people as a team
- Computer literacy – MS Outlook, MS Word and Excel
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Experience in the NGO sector will be an advantage.
- Training or experience in Supervision will be beneficial
- Supervise and advise social workers, social auxiliary workers and social worker volunteers to ensure an effective social work service for the Organisations. Be a resource to others and an advocate in the Sector for best practice in social reintegration and strengthening of families
- Professional and general supervision of the Social Work staff assigned to you
- Quality control of the work delivered by supervisees
- Advise supervisees with regard to all aspects of the work
- Manage performance and assist with conduct and discipline of supervisees
- Debrief and support supervisees to manage occupational stress and related issues to promote a sound and effective social work service
- Ensure that all supervisees are trained and developed to be able to deliver work of the required standard efficiently and effectively, by inter alia, mentoring and coaching. This includes continuous professional development activities as prescribed
- Ensure that the requirements as stated in the Transfer Payment Agreements, organisational directives and third party contracts relating to social work are met and correctly reported on to the stakeholders
Salary Package: R21 000.00
Job Type: Permanent
NB. The Haven Night Shelter Welfare Organisation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please send two pages CV and motivational letter to HR email@example.com quoting "Social Work Supervisor" in the subject line. Please note that applications without a CV or cover letter will not be considered.
If you don't receive a response from us within 2 weeks of closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.