Power Africa Off-Grid Project (PAOP)
1. Background and Objectives
The Power Africa Off-grid Project is a four-year contract between the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and RTI International (RTI). The project intends to accelerate off-grid electrification across sub-Saharan Africa to support Power Africa’s Beyond the Grid initiative which contributes to the goal of facilitating 60 million new connections by 2030. The Power Africa Off-grid Project focuses on accelerating off-grid energy access through solar household systems and micro-grids, with the goal of facilitating six million new electricity connections by 2022.
2. Purpose of this assignment
RTI is seeking the services of an experienced technical writer/language editor to assist the Power Africa Off-grid Project team with writing, editing, and formatting of reports and various public communication outputs for both print and online publication as assigned by the Project’s Communications and Knowledge Management Specialist.
Assignments will typically include:
- Collaborating with the Project’s communications team to develop blogs, articles, and presentations
- Editing and proofreading draft technical/communication outputs, ensuring that the outputs conform to the Project’s style guide
- Formatting draft technical/communications outputs, ensuring compliance with the Project’s branding guidelines
This opportunity is a part-time consultancy of approximately 8-10 days’ work.
3. Location of work
The technical writer/editor will have virtual planning meetings with RTI to discuss outputs and formats. He/she will work from their own office and submit deliverables in digital format.
Upon Power Africa Off-grid Project request, editing of items such as:
- Ad-hoc communication pieces, e.g. blogs, success stories
- Promotional items
Upon completion of each deliverable, all files will track changes and will be submitted to RTI.
- RTI will orient the selected technical writer/editor to each piece that requires this support.
- All deliverables remain the sole property of Power Africa.
5. Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in English, International Relations, or related field.
- At least three years’ relevant work experience.
- The successful contractor must be in possession of the relevant equipment and software to fulfill the deliverables.
- Demonstrable experience: a) Technical writing b) Editing; c) Attention to detail; d) Time management; e) Quality assurance.
- Fluency in French will be a plus.
6. Application Submission Guideline
Please submit electronic versions of the files listed below:
- Hourly/daily rate for work described in this document.
- Proof of salary/daily rate.
- Curriculum Vitae demonstrating the expertise necessary to meet the requirements of the assignments
- Contact details of three references for the last three years, including the following: name, address, email address, and contact number for each reference.
7. Proposal Submission Details
All applications should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with cc to: email@example.com with the subject “Editing Support” by November 25, 2020. Late submissions will not be considered.