Jika Uluntu is a non-profit organisation situated on the Jikeleza Route on the outskirts of East London in the Eastern Cape. Its vision is for every child to access the opportunities to thrive!
The organisation strives to achieve its vision in a sustainable manner by strengthening families and their communities through partnerships, capacity building and support services. Areas of focus are physical and emotional wellbeing, poverty alleviation and education.Jika Uluntu has established sound relationships with the communities in which they work and are looking for an energetic Education Officer to join the team.
Jika Uluntu seeks to appoint Education Officer to be based in Jika Uluntu Community Centre, Gonubie Farmers on outskirts of East London.
The purpose of this position is to support Jika Uluntu’s community response, with a specific focus on strengthening and expanding the delivery of Jika Uluntu education programme, its activities and the associated reporting requirements.
Employmet Type:an annual contract, renewal dependent on donor funding.
- Provide direction & oversight of the Education programme
- Prepare, plan & deliver structured afterschool curriculum
- Provide practical guidance & support to the creche teacher
- Deliver weekly child focused social behavior programme
- If required, initiate grade R curriculum
- Explore technology responses to strengthen educational support
- Strengthen & expand linkages local schools & other education stakeholders
- Provide programmatic review & input
- Successfully participate in project specific training activities
- Complete reporting & other assigned administration tasks
- Minimum of 5 years experience in education
- Minimum 3 year education degree/diploma – Foundation phase
- Fleunt in isiXhosa and English
- Good communication skills, proven report writing skills
- Confident with technology
- Drivers license/own transport is an advantage
- Passion for children & community development
- an energetic individual with sound values,
- strong interpersonal skills,
- be intrinsically motivated, proactive,
- be a well organized conscientious worker.
To apply send, motivational paragraph, CV with three contactable references and certified copy of qualification to firstname.lastname@example.org Closing date Friday 30th November. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Jika Uluntu reserves the right to not fill this position.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more information about Jika Uluntu, refer to https://www.forgood.co.za/causes/jika-uluntu
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies